THE FIRST 'I LOVE YOU'

Aimee's POV
2 HOURS LATER (SAME DAY)
2 HOURS LATER
It's been a couple hours later. We had such a fun time playing in the pool. It looked like it was about to start raining so we just took the kids inside and they're both currently sleeping in Adalynns room on her bed. They look so cute together. I felt so bad because before we put the girls to sleep Adalynn walked up to me crying asking where Shawn was. She was like "daddy is never home anymore. Did you guys break up?" and that honestly broke my heart. A three year old is upset because she thinks her parents are no longer together. Of course I told her that he was just working a little extra and that he'll be home soon. But that just broke my heart seeing her like that.

Alexa and I were just chilling on the couch watching Riverdale. The doorbell rang and I got up. "I'll be right back" I say, getting up to answer the door. I open it to see Officer Dylan and Aleena standing next to him. She looked fucked up.

"Get your ass up to your room right now. I don't even know what I'm gonna do with you right now" I say and she rolled her eyes. "Whatever" she says, walking upstairs. I looked at Dylan and took a deep breath. "Where did you find her?" I asked.

"On the side of the road with a group of guys and one girl. If you didn't notice she's high right now. She was smoking pot, cigarettes, and drinking beer. And my guess is that she's the one that took 500 dollars out of your bank account to pay for all the weed because I watched her give the guys the money" he says and I shook my head.

"I have no idea what to do with her anymore. I tried everything and nothing is working" I say. "Where's Shawn?" He asked and I chuckled. "Don't even get me started with him. He's never home. He's always working and I feel like I'm a single mother" I say and he looked at me.

"Calm down. It's okay" he says, grabbing my hand. "What do you want to do with Aleena? I could take her down to the station?" He suggested and I shook my head. "No. I'm gonna hopefully try talking to her later and knock some sense into her" I answered and he nods. "Would you like me to stay and help out while you wait for Shawn?" He asked and I smiled.

"That's sweet of you but I'll be okay. Besides my friend Alexa is here with her daughter and God only knows what time Shawn will be back" I say. "Okay! Call if you need anything" he says, walking out. I shut the door and walked into the living room where Alexa was giving me a weird look.

"What?" I laughed, walking towards the couch. "He likes you" she says, and I looked at her...confused. "Who? Dylan?" I asked and she nods. "No he doesn't" I chuckled.

"Aimee, I was literally watching you two. You could tell he likes you. Have you seen the way he's been looking at you?" She asked and my eyes widened. "Alexa he can't like me. He knows I'm married" I say and she shrugs. "I know. I'm just saying" she chuckled. I just chuckled and rolled my eyes.

I heard the front door open and I looked at Alexa. "Who can that be?" I asked and I looked to see Shawn walking in. "Look who actually came home early" I say and he chuckled. I was pissed but didn't want to show him. I didn't want to start anything especially with Alexa here.

"I'm gonna talk to Aleena. Wish me luck" I laughed. "What happened?" Shawn asked and I just ignored him walking upstairs. I knock on Aleena's bedroom door and then opened it to see her just laying in her bed.

"Please come outside with me. We need to have a chat" I say, walking out of her room and back downstairs. I didn't want to do it upstairs because the girls are napping and if there's yelling I don't want them waking up. So I decided to do it outside.