ALEENA'S FIRST DAY HOME

(Aleena will be 15. Sorry to keep changing it 😂 it's definitely 15!)

^^^^^^

AT THE POLICE STATION
Aimee's POV
We just got to the police station. We were on our way inside until I noticed Officer Dylan talking to another officer outside. "There he is" I say pointing over at Dylan. "Aimee, Shawn! Over here!" He says and we walk over to him.

"Okay. I'll talk to you later!" Dylan says and the other officer walks inside. "You ready?" Dylan smiled. "I think so" I chuckled nervously. "Okay. We could just stay outside. Officer Dan went to get Aleena so they should be here soon!" Dylan says and we nod.

"How are you feeling? I know last time we saw each other you were having bad cramps or you were in pain?" Dylan asked. "I'm feeling much better. I'm still having pain here and there but it's not as bad. If they continue tomorrow or if I see something else I'll most likely call my doctor" I answered and he nods.

"Here they come" he smiled. I looked at Aleena and Officer Dan. She had three suitcases, duffel bag, and a book bag. She once again, made eye contact with Shawn. "Hey" I smiled, as Shawn grabs the two suitcases from Officer Dan. "Wow. You actually came" Aleena says, with no emotion and I just looked at Shawn.

"Just give her time. She's probably just nervous and shocked. I'm sure once she processes it she'll get better. But you could definitely call me if there are any problems" Dylan whispered and I nod. "Okay. You all are set to go" Dan smiled.

"Why don't you put everything in the car and get Aleena situated. I'm gonna talk to them about the situation" Shawn says, and I nod grabbing the suitcase. "Ready?" I smiled, and Aleena just looked at me.

"Okay" I mumbled walking off to the car with Aleena and opened the trunk. I throw the suitcases in and Adalynn throws her duffel bag and book bag in. I closed it and opened up the back door for her. "Sorry. It might be crowded with the car seat and booster seat. We're definitely going to need a bigger fan especially with the babies coming" I chuckled, jumping into the passenger side and I just sat there awkwardly.

"So we already got you signed up for school. You'll be starting school on Monday so maybe over the weekend we could go school shopping and get new clothes for you" I smiled. "Of course you did" she mumbled and I looked back at her.

"Well you have to go to school. Besides, me and Shawn both work so we can't leave you home alone" I say and she rolled her eyes looking out the window. Shawn jumps in and starts the car. "Did they say anything?" I asked, as he starts driving.

"He said they'll look into it and contact people from the neighborhood. They just can't promise they'll be able to do something about it" he says and I just sighed nodding.

AT HOME
It's been a few hours since we got home. We showed Aleena her room and she didn't react or show any sympathy. She looked like she wanted to be excited and hug us but she acted like she didn't really care.

We also stopped at our families house to tell them the news. They honestly weren't too happy and were very concerned that it'll be too much on Shawn and I.

Shawn just got home from taking Adalynn to gymnastics and picking Seb up from basketball practice. "MOMMY!!" Adalynn yelled, running to me and I smiled.

"How was gymnastics?" I say, picking her up and she smiled. "So much fun. Teacher was showing us how to walk on the thingy. What was it called? I can't remember. But it was so much fun" she says excitedly and I smiled.

"It was called a beam" Shawn chuckled. "I want you two to meet someone" I say, walking to the staircase. Aleena has been upstairs since we got home. She hasn't said two words and she hasn't left her room. "ALEENA! COME DOWN FOR A MINUTE" I yelled and the kids looked at me.

"Who is that mommy?" Adalynn says and I walked over to them. "That's gonna be your new sister" I smiled, as we looked at Aleena as soon as she walked into the room.

"Aleena, this is Adalynn and that's your brother...Sebastian" I say, nervously to see her reaction. She looked at Sebastian. It looked like she wanted to say something but didn't. Sebastian still doesn't know he's adopted and that Selena and Jeremy are is biological parents. We wanted to wait till he was a bit older to tell him everything. However, Aleena looked at him like she recognized him.

"You're gonna be our new sissy!!!!!" Adalynn, says excitedly running up to her and hugging her legs and I smiled. "No. Get off of me!" She says, pushing her off and Adalynn starts crying. Shawn picks her up and Aleena rolled her eyes. "You're so dramatic" she says.

She looks at me and rolled her eyes. "Fuck this" Aleena says, walking back upstairs and my eyes widened looking at Shawn. "Daddy, what does fuck mean?" Adalynn asked and Shawn looked at her.

"Don't ever say that again. That's a bad word and Aleena shouldn't say that either" Shawn says putting Adalynn down and I sighed looking at him. What do we do? How are we going to do this? It's not even a day and I'm already stressed. ———————————————————————————
QUESTIONS OF THE CHAPTER

1.) Why do you think Aleena is treating Shawn and Aimee the way she is?

2.) Do you think she'll change her attitude? Or will it get worse? Why?

3.) Why do you think Aimee is having pain? Do you think the twins are okay?

4.) How do you feel about the way Aleena treated the kids? Specifically Adalynn?

5.) Do you think Sebastian recognized her?

6.) Do you think their families will try convincing Shawn and Aimee to sent Aleena away? Do you think they will sent her away? Why or why not?

7.) Do you think Aleena knows or remembers Sebastian?