ALEXA'S PARENTS ARRIVE

Aimee's POV
I woke up and looked over at my babies that were sleeping in the hospital crib thingy. I smiled and looked at Shawn. Alexa was still asleep. "How are you baby? How you feeling?"  He asked, laying next to me in the hospital bed and I laid my head on his chest.

"I'm a little sore. I have a feeling that this recovery is gonna be a lot worse than when I had Adalynn" I say. "But it's all worth it" I smiled, looking at the twins. The c-section went a lot better than we expected. My baby and I could've died but we're both healthy as can be. I'm just so thankful. I don't think I was ever as terrified as I was in that room.

"Your dad has been texting you. I've been updating him but I think you should call him and talk to him" Shawn mentioned and I nod as he hands me my phone. I pulled up my dads contact and called him. "Hey Shawn! How's Aimee?" He asked, assuming it was Shawn that called.

"Hey dad. It's actually Aimee!" I chuckled. "Omg Aimee! How is everything? You have no idea how scared I was for you when Shawn told me you had to go into emergency c-section. I thought I was gonna lose you" he says.

"I'm doing good. A lot better than we all expected! I'm very sore though. This recovery will be a lot harder than my recovery with Adalynn" I answered.

"I'm just so glad everything worked out! Are we allowed to come visit. Adalynn has been asking about you but Aleena has been asking about you non stop" he laughed.

"Of course. Can it just be you and my kids? I don't wanna sound rude but I'm just exhausted. Jeremy is allowed to come though. I promised him he could come visit too" I asked. "Of course. We'll come by around 4. I'll even pick up some dinner. It'll give you some time to relax and get ready or whatever you have to do" he says and I smiled.

"Thank you dad. Give the kiddos kisses for me. I love you. See you later" I say, hanging up and putting my phone on the side of me on the bed. I sighed looking at Shawn. "You okay?" he smiled.

"Yeah. I just remembered that it's Aleena's birthday in a few weeks and I have no idea what we're getting her" I say. "I don't even think she knows that we know it's her birthday" I chuckled.

"Well what is she into?" Alexa asked, making us jumped. "We didn't realize you were awake" Shawn laughed. "Well, she's been into horses a lot! She was actually talking to me the other day. She was watching a show on Netflix and it was about horses. She was telling me how she always dreamt of having a horse when she was little. She also has TONS of books on horses. I'm pretty sure that's all she reads" I laughed.

"Well, I have an idea but I'm not sure if you'd be up for it" Alexa says. "What is it?" I asked, smiling. "You could get her a pet horse" she suggested and I thought about it as I looked at Shawn. "Wouldn't that mean we would have to buy a farm or something?" Shawn asked.

"I mean, there is a farm for sale down the road. It's down this dirt road like 5 minutes away from where you live now. I actually went there a month ago and it was so nice. I wanted to see what it looked like just because I was bored" Alexa says, chuckling. "But they have a house. They actually have 2, a barn, fenced area, this round fence area where you could teach the horse how to jump or whatever, and then areas where you could just ride and also a trail. And let me tell you it is so peaceful. I think it'd be nice! And if you want a pool you could just build one in the back yard. And I'm willing to help with the payment and everything and I could live in the second house if you wouldn't mind" Alexa suggested. "I would obviously help you pay the bills and everything!" She added and I looked at Shawn.

"That's actually a really good idea!" I smiled and he agreed with me. "Aimee, my parents are coming too. Is that okay?" Shawn asked. "Yeah! Of course" I smiled. "That means Aaliyah will probably be with them" he says, and I just nodded. "What time?" I asked. "Around 3:30" he answered and I take a deep breath.

"Let's just hope everyone will be calmer and not fight. Jeremy is suppose to come too around 4" I say and he nodded. We heard a knock on the door. "Come in" I say, thinking it was the doctor.

But it was a married couple instead. "Mom? Dad?" Alexa asked, shocked. "Omg. Come here" she cried, hugging her mom and dad. "What are you doing here?" She asked, pulling away. "A couple, Aimee and Shawn, called us and asked us to come so we bought the first flight to Florida and here we are" her mom smiled.

"You did this?" Alexa asked, with tears streaming down her face. "Of course" Shawn smiled. "Thank you so much for calling us" Alexa's dad says, and they both hugged us. "So where's David?" Alexa's dad asked and I looked at Alexa. She didn't tell them what happened?

"I actually left him. He cheated on me with Nicole and started abusing me when I tried to leave with Rosalie" she answered looking down. "Oh my god" Alexa's mom said, hugging her daughter. "Omg. Is this our new granddaughter?" Her dad says, looking at Alexa's daughter.

"Yes it is. Meet Lilian Faith" she says, letting her dad pick Lily up. "Omg. Your twins are adorable! Congratulations to you both" her mom exclaimed and I smiled.

"So how long are you guys staying?" Alexa asked. "We're only able to stay for a week. We found a hotel like 10 minutes from you so we'll be driving back and forth to help you as much as possible" her mom answered.

"No. Don't do that! Why don't you come stay with us? It'll be much easier and you won't have to keep going back and forth!" I suggested. They both looked at Alexa. "I've been living with Aimee and Shawn after I broke up with David" Alexa answered.

"Are you guys sure? We don't want to intrude or anything" Alexa's dad asked. "We're sure! And I'm sure Alexa would love you to be with her too" Shawn smiled and they all nod.
————————————————————————————
First, I just wanna apologize for the long update! And I'm so sorry I haven't uploaded in so long!

QUESTIONS OF THE CHAPTER

1.) Do you still like my book? Should I end it soon? Is it getting boring?

2.) What was your favorite part of this chapter and why?

3.) What did you think about the idea Alexa gave for Aleena's birthday gift?

4.) Do you think they should do that for Aleena? Why or why not?

5.) How do you think Jeremy and Aaliyah will react when they see each other for the first time since they broke up? Why?