CHEERLEADER IN THE FAMILY

A FEW DAYS LATER
Aimee's POV
It was Thursday around 3:30. Shawn and I were at our house with Adalynn and Aleena. Sebastian was at his school for basketball practice. Aleena and I were getting ready to take Adalynn to her gymnastics practice. Shawn was staying home so he'll be able to pick Sebastian up. Adalynn was wearing this cute pink unicorn leotard.

"Ready?" I smiled, grabbing Adalynn's bag and she nods. "Say bye to daddy" I say, grabbing my keys. "Oooo oooo okay!!!! Bye daddy" Aleena says, jumping on Shawn and I couldn't help but laugh. Aleena is really fun and funny once you get to know her.

"Aleena!!!!! Get off" Adalynn laughed hugging Shawn. "Bye baby. Have fun!" Shawn laughed, kissing Adalynn's head. The kids have also been getting along great with Aleena and Adalynn loves her so much!

"Bye. I'll see you later" I smiled, kissing Shawn goodbye and with that we walked out. Shawn and I have also been doubt amazing. We haven't really fought since we had the talk. Shawn did record his song with Camila but that was it. Ever since that he kept his promise and was more involved with his family.

AT GYMNASTICS
We just pulled into the parking lot. "Oh yeah. By the way, I didn't forget about you. I know you said you wanted to join Cheerleading. I've been calling so many places but I can't find any. I figured I would ask Adalynn's coach to see if she would know any places that does cheerleading" I say parking the car.

"Okay!" She smiled, getting out and I got out. Aleena helped Adalynn out of the car while I grabbed her bag and with that we walked in. "Hey Adalynn!!" Coach Lisa says, walking up to us. "You could go sit with your teammates, okay?" She says. Adalynn nods and quickly runs away and I smiled, putting her bag down on the bench. Lisa was about to walk away but I quickly stopped her. "Wait. I have a question" I say and she turns around.

"Sure. What's up?" She smiled. "So Aleena wants to sign up for cheerleading but I cannot find any places. Do you know any places that does competitive cheerleading?" I asked.

"Yes. There's actually a cheerleading gymnasium across the street!! They're having practice right now so you could totally go and check them out! The coach name is Drian. He's really fun and all the kids love him!" She says and I nod. "Thank you!" I say as she runs away.

"Do you want to go take a look now?" I asked, looking at Aleena. You could tell how excited she was. "Can we?" She asked and I chuckled nodding. "Let's go!" I say, and we walked out of the building.

"Oh there it is. I can't believe I never saw that place" I laughed, pointing to the building across the street. "LETS GO!" Aleena yelled, pulling my hand and I laughed. We walked in and it was huge.

There was a coach watching the cheerleaders as they worked on different stunts. "Wow!" Aleena, says spinning out. It was like she was in heaven. You could tell how much she already loved this place. "Hello! How May I help you" A guy asked, walking towards us and Aleena got tensed up. She still isn't comfortable around guys after what her father put her through.

"Hey. This is my daughter Aleena. We actually just adopted her like a month ago. But she loves to cheer, however, she's never been in competitive cheer. She would like to sign up and we couldn't find any place whatsoever!" I say and he smiled.

"I'm their coach, Drian! It's nice to meet you Aleena! We would love to have you try out and be apart of this amazing family! Try-outs aren't until Monday. I know you never been on a competitive cheer team and it could be very difficult and challenging. So if you want, if it's okay, you could stay here for a little bit and just watch what it's like and how practices are! We have an hour left" he says and I looked at Aleena. She looks at me nodding.

"Okay. She'll stay. I just want you to know that she might be a little shy at first and uncomfortable because she had bad experiences. It's not because of you" I say, warning him. "Of course. I completely understand. She could take as long as she wants to get comfortable. I'm not gonna push her or anything" he says. He was really sweet.

"Okay! We'll stop by when Adalynn is done with gymnastics practice!" I say and Aleena nods. "Have fun!" I say, walking out to go back to Adalynn's gymnastics practice

AN HOUR LATER
After Adalynn finished gymnastics practice we walked across the street to the cheerleading gymnasium. As we walked in we saw Aleena. "ALEENA!!" Adalynn yelled, running to Aleena and she picked her up. "Hey baby" she smiled.

She looked like she was sweaty. "Did you have fun?" I asked. "SHE IS FANTASTIC" her coach yelled, running over to us startling me. "I thought you were just gonna watch" I laughed. "She was and then she asked if she could join in on some of the cheers and help with some of the stunts and let me tell you. This girl got some TALENT! Screw try-outs, Aleena you are officially on the team!!!! Welcome to Fire Cheer!" Coach Drian says, happily. That was their cheer name.

"OMG REALLY?!" Aleena yelled, jumping up and down as she put Adalynn down. She was literally crying. Crying happy tears of course. "THANK YOU SO MUCH" Aleena cried, hugging me. She was really happy and you could tell how much she loved cheer already.

"And she also opened up to me a lot and talked to me about everything she's been through and let me tell you, she is one strong girl! She's a survivor. She also talked highly about you and Shawn. I'm guessing that's your husband" he smiled. "Yes! I'm glad she opened up to you. Thank you so much. This means a lot to her!" I smiled, putting my arm around her shoulder.

"Of course. She deserves this and she is really talented! I'll see you tomorrow at practice, okay? It usually lasts 2 hours so she'll have to be here around 3:30ish-4ish!" He says. We nod walking out and celebrated the amazing news.
————————————————————————————
QUESTIONS OF THE CHAPTER
1.) How do you feel about Aleena still tending up around guys?

2.) What did you think about Aleena opening up to her new coach about everything? Do you think that was good or bad? Why?

3.) How do you feel about Aleena not having to do try-outs and already made the team? Do you think this will be good?

4.) How did you feel about Aleena's reaction to making the team? Why?