Prologue

||Universe must have my back, fell from the sky into my lap - Ariana Grande||

•••

A portal opened in the sky as two men, only one of which could be seen to any people witnessing the event, fell from the sky.

The two men groaned as they hit the floor of the Dallas alleyway.

When Klaus and Ben Hargreeves had agreed to go back in time with their family to save the world, they had expected to go back a few years at the most.

They definitely did not agree to be plopped 59 years into the past.

"That was..." Klaus started with a groan.

"Exhilarating" Ben finished for him as he sat up on the ground. Klaus wheezed slightly as Ben stood up.

"Do I still look thirty?" Klaus asked, looking over at his brother for confirmation. The last thing he needed was ending up like Number Five

"Yes. Where's Five?" Ben asked, glancing around for his other siblings, that he had expected to fall next to them. Klaus stood up, a look of confusion on his face.

"Five? Diego? Allison?!" Klaus yelled, looking up towards the portal, which began to close up.

"Where is everybody?" Klaus asked, raising his arms in the air in disbelief. Ben looked around in shock, not believing that he was alone again with Klaus.

"Oh they're gone" Klaus said sadly as he began walking out of the alleyway.

"It's just me and you again. Great" Klaus complained as they both walked down the street.

"So where the hell are we?" Klaus asked, glancing around at the unfamiliar place they had landed in.

"I think the question is, when are we?" Ben commented.

"Hey! Hey! Excuse me" Klaus said as he walked up to a random man on the street.

"Could you tell me what year it is? Or what day?" Klaus asked but the man continued walking passed him. "Rude"

"Klaus! Get over here!" Ben said, pointing at a magazine that sat in the trash can.

"I mean he's pretty my type but I'd have to see him from the shoulders down" Klaus commented as he picked it up, looking at the man on the cover.

"The date, you idiot" Ben told him.

"Oh, yeah" Klaus said as he looked at the magazine.

"February 11th, 1960" Klaus read out.

"1960?"

"Shit"