23. Frogs are Bitches

||Until you find out what you are running from, you will never figure out where you are going - Joseph A, Meyering Sr||

Willow woke up the next morning to the sound of Allison talking on the phone. She felt the warm arms of Klaus still embracing her and holding her close since last night. She yawned before looking up at her lover, who had also just woken up moments ago.

"Morning love" Klaus mumbled, kissing her forehead.

"Hello, Parkland Hospital? Yes, I'm looking for a patient. Reynolds Chestnut. He may have been brought in last night after the riot at Stadler's. Why does that matter? Of course you don't treat Negroes, how silly of me" Willow heard Allison say into the phone, clearly frustrated.

"You all right?" Willow asked Allison as she turned around on the couch, facing away from Klaus.

"No. Ray didn't come home last night" Allison replied as she paced up and down the room.

"Okay, no problem. I'm sure he's fine" Willow tried to reassure her the best she could, knowing that if Klaus was in that situation she would be just as worried.

"Okay, first thing we're going to need is coffee, vitamin B12 and a piping bowl of menudo. And we're gonna sort all this stuff out" Klaus said to the two women as he sat up on the couch.

"Menudo?" Willow repeated. "But I agree on the coffee part"

"You can't drink coffee" Ben reminded her, although she couldn't even hear him.

"He saw me rumor that cop, Klaus" Allison replied.

"I know but uh, you..you were saving his life. That asshole was gonna kill him" Klaus justified her reasoning behind the rumor.

"I'm such an idiot" Allison said with a sigh, turning around to sit at her kitchen table.

"No you're not" Willow reassured, standing up.

"I promised myself I would never do this again. Nothing good ever comes from it" Allison said, putting her head in her hands.

"But you had to do it, I would've done it for Klaus if I had your powers" Willow told her.

"Have you ever heard the fable of The Scorpion and The Frog?" Klaus asked as he sat down next to Allison.

"What?" Allison asked.

"The scorpion wants to get across the river, so he asks the frog to carry him across. But the frog's like, "What's in it for me?" And the scorpion's like, "How about five bucks?" And the frog says, "Make it twenty." The scorpion's like, "Ten." The frog goes, "All right, fine, fifteen." And the scorpion's like, "All right, fine, fifteen." Then halfway across the river, the frog feels this terrible pain on his back and... eh, the scorpion stung him! And the frog's like "well what the hell, we're both gonna drown now" and the both did" Klaus explained, acting all inspirational and shit.