6. Put Your Head on my Shoulder

||It is a risk to love. What if it doesn't work out? But what if it does? - Peter McWilliams||

"I've never been in this part of Dallas before" Klaus commented as the two walked down an unfamiliar street that he had never seen in his 2 months of living there

"I used to always come here when I was younger" Willow replied.

"Do you bring all the guys here?" Klaus asked.

"Maybe if you count the kid I used to babysit, we used to come here all the time" Willow responded.

"I didn't know you babysat kids" Klaus stated.

"I did for a few years, but he's all grown up now" Willow replied with a shrug.

"What was his name?" Klaus asked.

"Dave" Willow replied with a small smile. Klaus paused for a moment, trying to convince himself that it wasn't the same Dave. That it wasn't his Dave.

"Do you want to tell me where we're going yet, darling? Klaus asked, trying to change the conversation. He didn't need reminders of his Vietnam boyfriend, that he technically hadn't even met yet.

"Shush, we're nearly there" Willow told him as they turned the street corner, her cheeks turning slightly red at the name he had decided to call her.

"I hope you're right because my legs hurt" Klaus complained as he dug his fists into the pockets of his jackets.

"We've only been walking for 15 minutes" Willow replied with a chuckle.

"And that's a long time" Klaus defended with a shrug as they turned a corner, being met with a classic 1960s diner, something like Klaus has only ever seen in old movies he used to watch with Allison and Diego.

"Come on" Willow beamed, signaling for him to follow her.

•••

Willow sat across the way from Klaus in a booth, noticing how his gaze never left her. She covered her face with the menu in her hands to try and avert his gaze to anywhere else. The intensity of his gaze made her stomach flip, her heart was pounding in her chest.

"Hey why'd you do that" Klaus whined slightly, reaching over and taking the menu from her hands and placing it down on the table.

"You're looking at me weirdly" Willow commented, crossing her arms.

"I am not" Klaus lied, copying her by crossing his arms on the table and leaning forward slightly, pressing his lips together.

"You're a bad liar" Willow said with a chuckle, also leaning forward against the table.

"Can I tell you something embarrassing?" Klaus asked lowly, his voice getting quieter. Willow nodded in response, signaling for him to continue talking.