1. The First Meeting

||It's a beautiful thing to meet someone who makes you forget your troubles - Idil Ahmed||

Willow walked along the garden outside her grandmother's mansion. It was a sunny day in early February in Dallas and she wanted to make the most of the good weather.

Willow Jones was currently 29, and lived in Dallas Texas with her grandmother, Kitty.

She had moved back in with her grandmother a few months ago to help her out, since Kitty was older she needed help around the house with doing basic tasks. Willow couldn't complain though, the house was huge and she had all the space she would ever need or want.

Other than her grandmother, Willow had no family. She moved in with her grandmother when she was 17 after leaving her mother.

Willow was an only child, with the exception of her adopted sister, whom she never got along with. Her mother never cared much for Willow, hence why she ran away at the age of 17.

Although it was her choice to runaway, she completely hated her life in Dallas. Willow loved her grandmother, of course, but it was lonely living in that huge house with only one other person. And with the thought of her grandmother growing older, it scared her. She didn't want to be alone, which she would be when her eventually grandmother passed away.

It was a scary thought for anyone, it would be the first time Willow would ever be truly alone in the world. And the thought of it terrified her.

"Willow?" she heard the voice of her grandmother call from inside the house.

"I'm just going out with a few friends, I'll be back in an hour, okay?" Her grandmother asked and she nodded.

"Alright, I'll see you later" Willow replied with a smile as she watched her grandmother slowly retreat back inside the mansion.

Her grandmother would often go out and meet much younger men, so that's what Willow was expecting to happen. As embarrassing as it was, Kitty got a lot more men than her younger granddaughter. Willow had only had a few boyfriends in her life, and none of them had seemed to work out.

Willow was just about done with her current life in Texas. She felt so useless and stupid there, out of place, as if something was missing.

But she had nowhere else to go.

•••

Meanwhile in downtown Dallas, the two men who fell from the sky wandered hopelessly down the street. They had been dropped 59 years in the past with no guidance or help from Five and more importantly, no money.