30. The Board

||Everybody said it was a shame, because her momma was a workin' on the chain gang, a mean vicious woman - Tony Joe White||

1982

"Why the hell didn't you tell me that she was as your mother?" Five asked as they walked to the building that they had been directed to go to. He was contemplating what to do, he didn't want to kill her, but he also didn't want his family to die in the apocalypse.

"I didn't think it was important" Willow defended.

"How would it not be important?" Five asked, growing slightly angry and frustrated.

"How was I supposed to know that you and her had a thing?" Willow asked.

"We did not have a thing, she was my employer! Who was out to get me" Five replied "Are you working with her?"

"What? Obviously not!" Willow said.

"Well your sister was, so maybe this whole thing has been an act" Five replied.

"Yeah because I got married to your brother and got pregnant with his baby because I wanted to stop you" Willow said sarcastically.

"Maybe you did—wait...you're pregnant?" Five asked in disbelief, he definitely couldn't kill her now.

"Yeah" she confirmed with a small nod.

"Shit" he muttered under his breath "does Klaus know?"

"I haven't told him yet, I was going to tell him the other night but then I was taken to the Commission by my mother...who I'm not working with" Willow explained.  "I just need to know why she made me come with you to this thing"

"Well...she told me why" Five replied, not knowing whether to tell her the truth or not. His thoughts were running rapidly through his head, trying to think of a plan.

Five had no idea what to do, but he was sure on one thing: he couldn't kill her. He couldn't do that to her or Klaus. And he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he knew that he had ruined both of their lives.

"And that is?" Willow asked. Sure, she had been a trained assassin by the age of ten, but she knew there was no way her mother would kidnap her and then send her to assassinate the board. They both knew that Five was capable enough to do it on his own.

"She, uh, wants me to um...kill you" Five admitted, walking with his head down and avoiding eye contact with the woman.

"W-what?" Willow asked in disbelief. "Should I start running now or...?"

"No! I'm not going to hurt you, I would never do that" Five assured.

"Well I mean you are about to kill a bunch of people, what makes me so different?" Willow asked.

"Because I actually care about you, you're apart of my family" Five said quietly as the duo entered the building, approaching a woman who worked there.