4. Cigarettes

||Love is a smoke made with the fumes of sighs - William Shakespeare||

Willow stood out on the balcony of the mansion, looking out over the garden

Willow stood out on the balcony of the mansion, looking out over the garden. The only light was coming from the moon above her. The cool breeze of the night blowing her hair back ever so slightly and causing small goosebumps to appear on her pale skin.

The last few weeks had been crazy, to say the least. Her house that used to be almost empty, now had tons of people coming everyday, asking to see the Prophet. Who was a guy that Willow had only met just two months ago, who she didn't trust at all.

Willow didn't understand why her grandmother let him stay with them. Maybe her grandmother just liked the attention it brought to her, or maybe her grandmother actually believed the bullshit that the asshole was spitting out. But Willow didn't believe any of his bullshit. And she didn't plan to ever believe it. She knew that he was a complete and utter fraud.

According to Klaus, the world was going to end in 2019. He seemed rather serious when he told them that, but she honestly just thought he was a good actor. Good at lying and manipulating people.

"Looks like I'm not the only one awake at this hour" She heard from behind her. She glanced over at the doorway before looking back up at the moon.

"Hi Klaus, or should I say Prophet" Willow replied, sarcasm evident in her voice.

"No, call me Klaus" he replied, walking up and standing next to her. "I have enough people calling me Prophet"

"Is that not what you wanted?" Willow asked and he shrugged.

"I mean, not intentionally. But I don't mind it" Klaus replied, which was a lie. He absolutely loved the attention his lies were bringing him, which he would only love for a few months before things would quickly get out of hand.

"You seem to have accumulated quite a following" Willow commented and he nodded.

"I have. But again, not intentionally" Klaus replied, leaning against the railing in front of the two, the cold metal on his bare back making him shudder slightly.

"I don't know how they believe your bullshit" Willow muttered, shaking her head slightly with a chuckle.

"What? You don't believe in what I say?" Klaus asked, putting a hand on his chest in a mock offended manner, even though he already knew that she saw right through him.

"I think you know something" Willow replied. "But all that stuff you're spitting out to them, I think it's all bullshit"

"And what makes you say that?" He asked.

"I just have a feeling. But I don't doubt that you know a lot more about something than I, or the rest of them, do. I just haven't put my finger on what exactly that is" Willow told him.