2. Shakespeare

||When I saw you, I fell in love and you smiled because you knew - William Shakespeare||

One month later
March 30th, 1960

Klaus and Ben had been in 1960 for a month and a half, and had already managed to gather a small following. The word spread quickly throughout Dallas about the man who could levitate and claimed he could tell the future. People would arrive at the mansion everyday wanting to meet this 'prophet' that all of Dallas was talking about.

Klaus would never admit that it was a cult, because he never thought that it was. He didn't fully understand why these people were so obsessed with him and why they were interested in what he was saying. No one had ever been interested in anything he said back in 2019, and now he had people treating the words he said as if they were sacred scripture.

At this point, he had only accumulated a few followers. Maybe 50 loyal ones so far. But 50 was a lot for a cult that was only a month in the making. But to be honest, Klaus couldn't seem to remember not one of those people's names, he was too focused on other things.

It all started out so innocent. Klaus couldn't tell the future, so how was he to know that this lie he made up to get money would turn so wrong a few years in the future? There was no way for him to know how much he would regret every decision he made in 1960, so he just continued doing it.

"It's the light of day that shows me how, and when the night falls, loneliness calls" Klaus dramatically quoted a Whitney Houston song. When Klaus didn't know what else to say, he quoted songs that hadn't even been written yet, and would never be written, thanks to him.

"That's so deep" someone in the crowd commented and murmurs of agreement filled the crowd. Klaus could probably tell these people that he took a shit and they would praise it as if it was inspiring.

"I know right" Klaus commented, watching as the crowd gathered around him. There was roughly 200 people that had come to see him today, and he did as much as he could to get money out of them.

Klaus's intentions was never to start a cult. He wasn't even smart enough to think about something like that, but he was slowly doing so with every minute that passed. With every sentence he spoke, he was enticing and roping people in.

It was a stupid plan to begin with. What did they really expect to happen? That these people would find out that he has special abilities and can tell the future, and then they would just leave him as if it was nothing?

Of course it would turn into something a lot bigger than that. But Klaus didn't know that yet.

Willow walked out onto the balcony of the mansion, looking down at the garden that was filled with people who had come to see Klaus. It was crazy to her how many people cared, and how many people believed every word that he was saying. Her grandmother especially was loving the attention it brought to her and she genuinely believed everything Klaus told her.