17. The Apocalypse of 2019

||Tomorrow is another day, and you won't have to hide away - Woodkid||

April 1st 2019 (original timeline)
New York

The thirteen year old boy kneeled in the middle of the rubble of the apocalypse, clutching a bloody fake eyeball in his hand. The world around him was burning, and he had no idea why.

He had just been fine a few seconds ago, time traveling forward into different years without any problems

That was until he travelled into a world that was in flames.

In front of him, the dead body of his brother lay in the rubble of the academy. Number Five didn't know at the time that the man in front of him was his brother Luther, or that the burning building was his childhood home, The Umbrella Academy.

He stood up and walked over to another dead body, his sister Allison, who was covered completely in dust. He shoved her slightly, desperate to find a single person that was alive. He noticed Diego's body next, still not aware that the bodies were his family.

He ran over the bricks and wood and that was when he saw it.

Once Five saw the all too familiar umbrella tattoo on the arm of the man in front of him, he knew that he was his brother, Klaus. Realization struck him and he couldn't even hold back the tears anymore, he fell to his knees in shock and hopelessness, allowing himself to completely break down.

His family was dead.

And there was nothing he could do about it.

•••

The young boy sat in the middle of the ruins of the academy that he had once called home. He had only been in the apocalypse for a few hours. Perhaps the longest hours of his short life, it was so loud yet so quiet at the same time.

He sat next to Klaus's body, shaking him again slightly. He knew it was no use, but he was desperate to find someone, anyone.

"They're dead. Everyone is" Number Five heard a voice from behind him, causing him to jump at the sudden noise. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" the sixteen year old apologized, hesitantly moving closer to the young boy.

"W-what happened here?" Five stuttered, looking over to face the girl.

"The apocalypse, the end of the world, end of everything" she replied nonchalantly, as if it wasn't such a big deal.

"And who are you?" he asked, cowering away from her slightly in fear.

"I'm Willow" she replied simply, offering him her hand, which he cautiously took. "How did you get here? I swore I was the only one here just yesterday" she asked him, kneeling down to his level.

"I time travelled here. I can't get back. How do I get back?" he asked her frantically, as if she knew the answer to his question.

"I don't know" Willow admitted with a frown.