22. Paint

||When we feel weak, we drop our heads on the
shoulders of others - Lori Goodwin||

Willow sat across the way from Klaus as they waited in the police station for Ben to scare the police officers and get Allison's husband released in time for their sit in

"Do you think it'll work?" Willow asked, running a hand along her boyfriend's ankle, which rested on her lap.

"I hope so" Klaus replied. The plan wasn't a great plan, but it was a plan nonetheless.

"Does this Raymond guy know that you're his brother in law?" Lola asked.

"Don't think so" Klaus answered "I cant wait until he meets Luther, that'll be hilarious" and Raymond would meet Luther, in only a matter of hours, and it would be more awkward than hilarious.

"Poor Luther, he really never moved on from her, huh?" Willow asked rhetorically.

"Yeah, even after she left the academy, got married and had a kid with some other dude name Patrick..or something like that" Klaus replied with a shrug. He had never been good at remembering names.

"So basically all of your siblings are as clingy as you are?" Willow asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Hey, I'm not that clingy" Klaus defended, although he knew he was.

"If you say so" Willow mumbled as Ben walked back out to the waiting area, Allison's husband following closely behind him.

"Don't gloat" Klaus said to the ghost as he walked past him, blowing on his finger. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever"

"You. You got me out?" Raymond asked as looked over at the couple, instantly recognizing the man.

"I told you I had friends in high places" Klaus replied with a small chuckle.

"I don't know what to say" Raymond said, still slightly confused on what was happening.

"Don't say a word" Klaus dismissed as he stood up and opened his arms "Anything for family, brother"

"Well, okay. We are all brothers beneath the skin" Ray said as his brother in law hugged him.

"No. No, literally. You're my brother in law" Klaus revealed.

"What?" Raymond asked, more confused than he had already been before that.

"Yeah, man. Family barbecues are about to get really weird" Klaus commented as he walked passed the man, holding out his hand and waiting for his girlfriend to grab onto it.

"Bye Raymond" Willow said as she followed her boyfriend, grabbing onto his hand.

•••

"What the hell are we doing here? Some ole DIY?" Ben asked as he sat in the back of the car.