7. Feelings

||One day you will kiss a man you can't breathe
without, and find that breath is of little consequence - Marie Moning||

||One day you will kiss a man you can't breathewithout, and find that breath is of little consequence - Marie Moning||

Klaus watched as Willow sat across the way from him on the balcony of the mansion. Their talks on the balcony seemed to now be a regular thing that they did every night, it was the only time Klaus got away from his clingy followers, and he loved every moment he could get alone with her.

Klaus still hadn't told her about his powers or Ben. He didn't plan to ever tell her. He honestly did not think that she would ever believe him. He also didn't tell her about his drug and alcohol addictions, although he had been sober since before he left 2019 and she had never seen him high or drunk.

But Klaus really liked the fact that she didn't know about his past. It was as if he was given the opportunity to start everything over. None of his past regrets or mistakes mattered when he was with Willow. She liked him for him, not because she felt bad for him or not because she wanted him just for his body. She wanted him for the person he was, something Klaus wasn't very familiar with.

Klaus's eyes watched as her lips puckered up to exhale the smoke from her cigarette into the cool air of the night. He smiled to himself as he watched her.

Shit.

Klaus was in love with her.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

They weren't even dating. Yet? Maybe. They'd gone on a date. One single date.

Was it even a date? She held his hand and took his jacket. She never even gave the jacket back.

Fuck.

Why did he have to fall in love so quickly? He'd only known her for two months. There was no way she would love him back. She probably just felt bad for him.

Fuck.

Willow's gaze caught his, as his eyes widened slightly at the revelation of being in love. They both stared at each other for a few seconds before they both looked away, before they both looked at each other again at the exact same time.

Klaus shuffled forward slightly, so he could be closer to her, the woman he was in love with. The two still sat in silence, often looking at each other and then making awkward eye contact, which Klaus would try to hold for as long as he could before she would look away from him.

"What?" Willow asked eventually, noticing how Klaus was looking at her. He had a look in his eyes that she had never seen in a person before, he looked at her as if she was the most important person in the world at that moment, and maybe to him she was.

"Nothing. I didn't say anything" Klaus replied, his lips forming a small smile as he pressed his lips together tightly.

"You're looking at me weirdly" Willow commented, putting out her cigarette on the ground next to her, unable to stop herself from smiling as she looked back over at him.