27. You're Family Now

||Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody - Stephen Chbosky||

"Diego, this is a set up" Luther said through his mouth that was full of scrambled eggs

"Maybe, but we should go anyway" Diego replied as he pulled on the orange button-up shirt that he had stolen from Elliott's closet.

"Says the guy who's already been stabbed once this week" Luther commented.

"Oh, don't worry, me and him are gonna have words" Diego told him as he started buttoning up the shirt.

"Wait, so you think the father that convinced your sister that she didn't have powers, locked her in the basement, turned Luther into a monkey, got your brother killed and locked Klaus in a mausoleum is going to help you?" Willow asked as she grabbed the invitation out of Luther's hands, reading it.

"I'm sorry Diego, I think you're cool and all, but this is dumb. Even for you" Willow commented.

"I agree with her" Luther replied.

"We don't even know her" Diego said, putting on his belt.

"True but I know more about this situation than Vanya does" Willow replied as she flopped down on the couch.

"She has a point" Vanya mumbled, referencing to her lack of memories. "And Five knows her, and Klaus of course"

"You already know how this is gonna go. Dad is gonna play all his little mind games on us, get into our heads and turn us all against each other" Luther told his brother and sister.

"Luther, we're not twelve anymore. We're grown ass men. And women" Diego replied, glancing over at Vanya and Willow.

"Hey, we can handle him. Wanna know what's different this time?" Diego said softer, getting closer to his brother.

"What's that?" Luther asked.

"You got me. We go in as a united front. No more 'Number One', 'Number Two' bullshit. From now on it's team zero" Diego told them as he sat down.

"That's quite sweet" Willow commented.

"Team Zero?" Luther repeated.

"Team Zero. All the way" Diego said again, putting his arms out for fist bumps, but put them down again after they both rejected him.

"Do you know if Klaus got an invitation to the dinner yet?" Vanya asked.

"No, I don't think he did yet" Willow replied as she sat up.

"You're coming too, right?" Luther asked

"Oh, no I don't want to intrude on any family business" Willow said.

"But you're family now" Vanya told her.

"Yeah, you should come sis" Diego added.

"Alright then" Willow agreed with a smile. "I should probably get back to Klaus"