3. Coffee

||Coffee is all well and good but I would rather have your lips kiss me awake every morning - kpk||

"So, Willow?" Ben asked as he sat on the kitchen table, crossed legged and staring at Klaus with a knowing smile

"Yeah and what about her?" Klaus asked as he walked into the kitchen. It was only 7am in the morning and the house was almost silent. It was too early for his followers to be there yet so he was enjoying the quietness and alone time that he so rarely got.

"Do you like her?" Ben asked in a condescending tone and Klaus scoffed slightly and rolled his eyes.

"No" he lied. Klaus was never a good liar, and Ben knew that better than anyone else.

"So what was all that about yesterday? The whole flirting and staring thing you both had going on?" Ben asked, raising an eyebrow. "You think Dad would be proud to see you remembering the Shakespeare he taught us? Because I don't remember any of it"

"Why don't you just stay out of my business, Caspar" Klaus said with a groan, wanting so desperately to change the subject to literally anything else.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Ben asked, suddenly making the conversation serious, a look of concern spread across his face.

"What do you mean?" Klaus asked and Ben sighed, thinking about how to tell his brother about his concerns.

"It's just I know that you tend to rush into things like this and I just want to make sure you're ready" Ben told him.

"What does that even mean? Rush into what?" Klaus asked as he searched through the kitchen cabinets. "It's not like it's any of your business anyway"

"Relationships. And I just don't want you to get hurt, especially after what happened last time" Ben mumbled the last part.

"What are you talking about? Last time?" Klaus asked, a look of confusion spreading across his face as continued to look through the cabinets for something to eat.

"I'm talking about what happened with Dave" Ben told him, causing Klaus to stop what he was doing immediately and look over at Ben, his annoyed expression turning to a frown at the mention of Dave's name.

"I saw how badly that affected you and I don't want you to go through that again, I don't want to see you that upset again" Ben admitted.

"Why do you care?" Klaus asked, avoiding eye contact with his brother.

"Because I'm your brother. I love you and I don't want you to get hurt" Ben replied. It was rare the two expressed emotions like this. They both knew that they loved each other, they were brothers so of course they did, but the words were hardly never spoken.