16. Soulmates

||Will you love me, like you loved me in the January rain - Big Thief||

January 1st 1963
Berlin, Germany

"Happy New Year baby" Willow said as the clock struck twelve, leaning forward and kissing her boyfriend softly.

The couple had always decided to skip out on the usual New Years parties, Willow being concerned for Klaus's ptsd and sobriety. It didn't matter anyways, they always preferred being alone in each other's company than going out with others.

"What year is it again?" Klaus asked as he wrapped an arm around her waist. He couldn't keep count the years, between 2019, 1968 and 1963, he didn't know where he was half of the time.

"1963" Willow responded with a chuckle, sipping on her glass of wine.

"Oh right. Isn't that the year where Kennedy was..." Klaus started but trailed off when he remembered that he couldn't tell his girlfriend the future.

"Assassinated? Yeah" Willow replied with a nod. It was funny to her how oblivious Klaus was to his girlfriend being from the future. She had dropped subtle hints many times until she was ready to tell him, silently waiting until he would realize himself.

It had been 3 years and he still hadn't realized.

"Yeah. My older brother, Diego, used to be obsessed with him when we learned about him in our history classes. It was actually quite weird now looking back" Klaus told her.

"Do you think if he was here he'd try to save him?" Willow asked, subconsciously toying with Klaus's fingers.

"Nah. Diego is dumb but he's not that dumb" Klaus replied. (Turns out, Diego was a lot dumber than his brother had originally thought)

"I want to meet Diego someday. He sounds cool, I think he would be my favorite out of all your siblings" Willow commented as she leaned into Klaus's chest.

"I think he'd like you too. Allison definitely would like you, she always wanted a sister like you" Klaus replied, happy to talk about his family for the first time in a while.

"What about Vanya?" Willow asked.

"Allison and Vanya never really got along as kids but I do think you and Vanya would be friends too, only if she's stopped trying to end the world" Klaus replied.

"What about Luther and Five?" Willow questioned.

"Five doesn't really like people. Luther doesn't like anyone except for Allison" Klaus told her with a small snicker "But I do want you to meet them all someday, if they're still alive"

In truth, all his siblings were alive, except for Ben of course. The only ones to have landed in 1963 already were Luther and Allison.

"I would love to meet them, and I'm sure they're still out there somewhere" Willow reassured, squeezing his hand lightly. She knew how anxious talking about his siblings made him, he was afraid that they were gone and he would never see them again.