9. Shared Birthdays

||From our birthday, until we die, is but the winking of an eye - William Butler Yeats||

October 1st 1960
Dallas, Texas

"Happy birthday, my love" Klaus greeted as Willow opened her eyes slowly, closing them again as the sun from the window shone into her eyes.

Willow and Klaus shared the same birthday, October 1st. Except Klaus was born in 1989 and Willow was born in 1930 (well, that's what she told him anyways)

"Happy birthday to you too" Willow replied groggily, placing a soft kiss on his lips before leaning her head back into his chest and closing her eyes again.

"Darling, as much as I'd love to stay here with you all the day, we have stuff to do" Klaus told her, which wasn't enough to make her move a single muscle.

"I just want to stay here with you all day" she complained as she nuzzled herself into his chest gently.

"Me too, but I'm afraid we're 30 year old adults now so we have responsibilities" Klaus replied as she snickered and looked up at him. Technically, Klaus would be 31, since he spent a year in Vietnam. But he was never good at math.

"What? Leading a cult is responsibilities now?" Willow asked rhetorically.

"It's not a cult" Klaus defended, but she only laughed before kissing him again. The kiss got heated quickly, his hands began roaming her body and her hands tugged on his hair lightly.

Klaus broke the kiss as he turned over so he could be on top of her. He kissed down her neck and jaw, leaving hickeys before he brought his face back to meet hers, a look of admiration on his face.

"I lo-" Klaus started but before he could finish the sentence that he had been longing to say for months, the couple were rudely interrupted by their most annoying cult member.

"Morning Prophet" the voice of Keechie rang throughout the room. Klaus mentally groaned as he held himself up with his extended arms, one at each side of his girlfriend's head.

"Morning" Klaus mumbled, not remembering what the man's name was. "Why are you here?" he asked with a slight annoyed tone to his voice.

"Well, we need you outside. We have visitors" Keechie told him, motioning outside the window. It seemed as if they always had visitors.

Klaus sighed as Keechie left the room, a small pout appearing on his face as he lay back down on his side to face his girlfriend.

"I hate that dude" Willow muttered.

"We can finish this later, okay?" Klaus told her.