18. The Apocalylse of '63

|| If there was five more minutes of air, would you panic and hide, or run for your life, or stand here and spend it with me? - Billie Eilish||

Time travel was messy.

Especially when seven siblings from 2019 get thrown in the 1960s, where they definitely didn't belong. Preserving the timeline was really important when time traveling, but none of that knew that except for Number Five.

It all started in February 1960, when Number Four and Number Six dropped into a random alleyway in Dallas, Texas. The Séance and The Horror quickly found a place in 1960, and by that I mean Klaus started a cult and dragged the woman he fell in love with, with him.

Then in June 1961, Odessa's hair salon got a new employee, who just happened to be Number Three. The Rumor also quickly found a place in 1961, falling in love with Raymond Chestnut and marrying him the year after. Allison also got involved in the civil rights movement, working hard in Dallas, fighting for what she believed in.

June 7th 1962, Number One fell from the sky, unlike the other two, it took Spaceboy a while to find his place but eventually Luther ended up working for Jack Ruby, the infamous man who shot Lee Harvey Oswald.

September 1st 1963, Number Two fell from the sky and thus began his obsession with saving President John F. Kennedy. But The Kraken quickly got himself thrown into a mental hospital, which wasn't surprising. There Diego met the woman he would fall in love with, who would end up having a closer relation to his family than he could of ever imagined.

October 12th, Number Seven fell into the same alleyway as her other five siblings had done before her. The White Violin lost all of her memories quickly after when she was hit by a car, a car that was driven by the woman Vanya would fall in love with.

November 25th 1953, Number Five was the last Hargreeves the land in the alleyway. The Boy was met with something shocking and unexpected, something that his father had never taught him in history class as a child.

That was because his family had fucked up the timeline worse than he could've ever imagined.

•••
November 25th, 1963
Dallas, Texas

Five fell from the blue portal in the sky, landing in a puddle in the same alleyway that all six of his siblings had all landed in before him.

He stood up, looking up at the portal and expecting to see his siblings tumble out after him, but to his dismay, they didn't.

"Luther? Diego?" He yelled up at the portal until it closed. Five then heard gunshots from outside the alleyway, he looked behind him and saw something he had never been expecting to see.

An army tank rolled down the Dallas street as gunshots rang around them. Five never really paid attention to his history classes as a child, but he was sure there was never a nuclear war in 1963. Soldiers ran down the street, yelling in English and Russian and calling for medics.

"Soviet's attack US?" Five said to himself as he picked up a newspaper off of the ground. "No, this can't be right"

"Hey, kid, get down!" a soldier yelled at him.

"What the hell did we do now?" Five asked himself before a missile shot out from behind him, he flew to the side before seeing Vanya floating and deflecting the missile, her whole body turning white just as it did when she nearly ended the world back in 2019.

Klaus walked towards a few of the soldiers and held his arms out in front of him. Ghosts of dead soldiers appeared in a blue light as they attacked the living soldiers. After he did that, a missile was shot towards him, but he didn't even notice.

Luther quickly jumped down in front of his brother, using his back to protect Klaus from the missile. He let out a yell before they both looked up towards the roof of a building, where a blue Ben stood on top of a building, catching as many soldiers as he could with his tentacles.

"Hey!" Allison called from the ground, causing a few soldiers to look over at her.  "I heard a rumor, that I blew your minds" she said before their heads exploded with a blue light.

Willow stood next to Klaus, pushing him behind her as she send blue balls of fire towards the soldiers, causing them to be engulfed in blue flame. Klaus looked rather shocked at the action, as if he had never seen her do that before.

Diego stood on top of an upside down police car, flipping off of it and making the bullets dodge him with his powers, causing them to fly back and kill the soldiers.

"Five! You sick son of a bitch where the hell have you been?" Diego yelled when he noticed his brother.

But before Five could go over to help his family, a hand grabbed his shoulder. He looked up and saw the familiar face of Hazel, except he was a lot older now.

"Come with me if you wanna live" Hazel told him bluntly.

"Hazel? What's going on here?" Five asked in confusion.

"No time to explain. Those are nukes, old timer" Hazel replied, pointing at the sky.

"What about my family?" Five asked.

"You can't save them if you're dead" Hazel replied before taking Five's hand and teleporting away from the war.

The remaining six Hargreeves and Willow stood in the middle of the street, looking up at the sky above them. They knew that there was nothing more they could do.

Willow held onto Klaus's hand, they both looked at each other one last time before the world completely exploded around them.