8. Finally Happy

||You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how - Margaret Mitchell||

August 25th, 1960
San Francisco, California

"To be, or not to be, that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing end them" Klaus read out from Hamlet as he lay on a blanket that was sprawled out on the grass.

Willow closed her eyes as she listened to the sound of his voice. Her head lay on his chest and her arm rested across his stomach, tracing the outline of his tattoo gently.

The last week had been hard on them both. Willow's grandmother, Kitty, had passed away and they were both grieving the loss of her. Klaus had only known the woman for 6 months, but it was still hard to see her go. It was especially hard for him to have to see his girlfriend upset.

Klaus also had Kitty to thank for the life he had now. Without her, he would probably still be wandering the streets of Dallas. Thanks to her he had money, love and happiness.

"To die—to sleep, no more; and by a sleep to say we end the heart-ache and the thousand
natural shocks that flesh is heir to: 'tis a consummation devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep" Klaus continued, using the book in his hands to shield his face from the blaring sun above them.

The couple had lived in California for four months now, going from San Francisco, to Los Angeles, San Diego, Sacramento, Malibu, Berkeley and then back to San Francisco. Klaus's following only continued to grow bigger and bigger, more people coming to see him everyday.

Klaus rather enjoyed his lavish lifestyle in California. It finally seemed that good things were happening to him after all these years. He was rich, people actually listened to him and he had Willow. He was finally happy and without any drugs, alcohol or any other substances.

It was strange how he got stranded 60 years in the past and yet was somehow able to find happiness.

Klaus still had yet to tell Willow about his powers, the time travel situation and his addictions. But that was because he simply didn't want to tell her. He was too scared to loose her.

"Klaus?" Willow interrupted his reading, bringing a hand to his face and turning it so he was looking at her.

"Yes love?" He asked, closing the book and putting it down next to him, rolling onto his side and putting his full attention on her.

"Are we ever going to go back to Dallas?" Willow asked.

"I don't know, we can if you want to. Do you?" Klaus replied, raising an eyebrow slightly.