1 - BEWARE

When you see (Boyfriend) or (Girlfriend), you can replace it with any non-canon name, if you want to.

Reader is gender-neutral, and will be classified as an eighteen year old.

Side Note: Please do not "insult" (Y/N) in the story, by calling out a dumb decision or thought. Doing so will result with a comment deletion.

(Your Name) -

Life is difficult.

I'm sure everyone can understand that sentence. Everyone has struggles, some big, some small. Maybe some don't have any struggles at all sometimes. But me... I have a different story.

Lonely. Cold. Starving. Homeless. All of those traits belong to me. My parents died from a car crash, leaving me in a lonely orphanage. Finally deciding at the age of fifteen, I ran away from that place. Now look where I am now.

I try to untangle my (Hair Color) hair with my hands as I stare into the small fire I made for myself. Guess I should be thankful that I watched those survival videos while I was at the orphanage. I've been living like this for three years, and now I'm a fully grown adult. Leaning my head against the brick wall of an abandoned building, I hum a tune to myself. I curl into a ball and grip my hands around my dirtied, (Pants Color) pants. Suddenly, a light-pitched voice yelled from the other side of the abandoned building.

"(Boyfriend)! Can you help me with the speakers?" said the unknown person. I start to panic as I quickly grab the dented, stainless fork. Yup, that's what I basically had as a weapon. I held it out defensively in front of me as I slowly make my way to the other side of the building. I could hear their footsteps tap closer. Suddenly, they both came into view. They spot me and stop, staring at me from my head to my toes.

In front of me was one boy and one girl, the boy having blue hair and the girl having brown hair with a red dress. She then approaches me with a careful look in her eyes.

"Are... are you okay?" she asks as she keeps walking toward me. "You don't look... too well."

"I'm fine, I guess," I sigh, lowering the dented fork as I stare at the ground, feeling humiliated. The girl then stands right in front of me and places a hand on my shoulder.

"(Boyfriend)," she says, looking back at her blue-haired partner. "I think we should help them. They look so frail and afraid." (Boyfriend) glances toward me and inspects me even more. After a few seconds, he finally answered.

"I don't see why not," he says with a gentle smile. The girl excitedly looks back at me, her eyes gleaming.

"Don't worry. We promise we'll help you the best we can," she says with a persuasive smile. She then grabs my arm and pulls me toward her cart that was loaded with speakers. "I'm (Girlfriend), by the way. And you've already seen (Boyfriend)." I glance over to the blue-haired dude and wave at him. He friendly waves back. "So, what's your name?" (Girlfriend) asks me.

"I'm (Your Name)," I say, feeling myself smile happily. I actually had a chance in life for once.

«...»

Five days have past since the couple took me in. They gave me everything that I necessarily needed. They gave me food, water, warmth, nicer clothes, a place to sleep, and lots of other stuff. All within those five days, they introduced me to everyone they knew. Pico, Skid and Pump, (Girlfriend)'s parents, Lemon Demon, Whitty, Carol, Hex, and even more people. For once, I felt much happier. But there was one thing that bothered all three of us.

They couldn't help me forever.

This was kind of a problem. They'd offer lots of things, and (Girlfriend) even got me a new phone, yet I didn't want them wasting their time and money all on me.

"Are you sure, (Your Name)?" (Girlfriend) asks, putting a concerned look on her face. I sigh and nod my head.

"You guys have already given me everything. But I don't want you to keep spending all this money just to keep me satisfied," I explain, feeling quite guilty about what I said. (Girlfriend) and (Boyfriend) put an understanding look on their faces.

"Alright then. Wait, since it's Sunday tomorrow..." (Boyfriend) starts, but then glances over to (Girlfriend), "do you think we can go to the church and introduce (Your Name) to the two?"

"That's a great idea!" (Girlfriend) says. "But... we'll go if it's okay with (Your Name)." I chuckle.

"Of course I wouldn't miss out on a visit," I say, smiling. The two put excited looks on their faces.

"Alright! I'm thinking that the nun there would be able to tend for your needs," says (Boyfriend). I frown a bit.

"Are you sure she'll be okay with it?" I ask, fidgeting with my fingers.

"Of course she'll be cool with it. She has a friend there that lives with her," (Girlfriend) says reassuringly.

«The next day...»

"So, um, how would I know that she'll be able to care for me?" I ask as (Boyfriend), (Girlfriend), and I made our way to the church.

"She kind of has, like, a mini house there. Maybe you could live there from now on," says (Boyfriend). "I'm sure Sarvente will know what to do with you."

"So, that's her name?" I ask. They both nod. "What about the friend that lives with her?"

(Girlfriend) shudders as she hesitantly says, "Ruv? Oh, yeah. Don't mess with him. He's freaking terrifying."

"Oh, come on. He wasn't that bad," (Boyfriend) says, playfully rolling his eyes. (Girlfriend) huffs in disagreement. (Boyfriend) then turns to me. "When we first met them, we went there just to use the bathroom. But Sarvente kept insisting that we join the mass. We then kept doing rap battles with her and Ruv. But we felt bad, so we came back to them the next Sunday. And we're basically friends now."

"I guess that's one way to start a friendship," I giggle to myself.

After about seven minutes, we finally make it to the church. The outside had a serene, pink color to it. At the side of the church stood a nun, watering nearby flowers. She then turns to us with her eyes glimmering.

"Why, greetings, you two!" she yelps happily, walking up towards us. She then immediately spots me and smiled. "Oh? And who's this new pupil?"

"I'm (Your Name)," I smile as she takes both of my hands and looks down at me. She was tall. Like really tall.

"Pleasure to meet you! I'm Sarvente," she says sweetly. "Come in!" She then turns around.

As Sarvente opens the huge, heavy doors of the church, I stare in surprise. The church had a welcoming feeling and the inside was pretty cozy. My eyes dart to the right side, unintentionally spotting a paper that says 'BEWARE', with the picture of a man on it. Suddenly, I spot the same man on the paper leaning against a nearby pillar.

He was wearing a traditional Russian hat with a grey jacket and black boots. On his left eye rests a ribbon-like eyepatch. And hell, he was much taller than Sarvente. I kept staring at him for quite some time, that I didn't even notice he was staring back at me. I quickly look away in embarrassment, but when I looked back to where he was standing...

He was gone.

I look around the rest of the church. There were about eight other people sitting in pews.

"Have a seat," says Sarvente. "The mass will begin soon."