8 - Cold Connections

THANKS FOR 7,000+ READS, MY DUDES!

Ruv -

I feel like everything is happening too quickly. (Your Name) just randomly shows up and is now living here temporarily. Now I made them get a cold on their first morning here. Was I supposed to feel this bad?

I grumble to myself as Sarv and I walk into the church, with (Your Name) still being carried. I sit on one of the front pews as Sarv rushes up to me.

"Ruv, here, take (Your Name) for a bit," says Sarv. All of a sudden, she shoves (Your Name) into my arms. They look up at me in surprise. I stare down at them with an awkward look. "DON'T. PUT. THEM. DOWN. I'm going to make some soup for all three of us!" Sarv calls as she runs into the hidden home.

"Hmph. Thanks a lot for the cold, fluff head," (Your Name) crosses their arms.

I glare at them. "Don't push it. I could break you in half if I wanted to."

"But you won't," they smirk. I sigh in frustration.

"Oh, yeah! I haven't forgotten our deal!" Sarvente yells from inside the hidden home. All of a sudden, the inside of the church turned blurry and fuzzy.

"What's happening?" (Your Name) yells in concern.

"Here. Don't look," I say as I place my grey hand over their eyes. After a few minutes, I removed my hand. (Your Name) looks around the church in awe.

The inside no longer was pink and welcoming. Instead it was grey and blue. The windows were cracked, the cross was spilt in two, and the pillar with the beware poster collapsed and broke on the ground. Near the ceiling, Sarvente's pink symbol was replaced with a blue and purple symbol with two lines, two dots on the side, and diamond over it.

"What in the world happened?!" they exclaim in shock. They look up at me, hoping for an answer.

I shrug, "This is normal."

"BUT... HOW?!" they yell again.

"You'll find out eventually," I reply. As (Your Name) gets used to the new environment, they shiver and wrap their arms around themself. I look down at them with my usual face. "Cold? Again?" I ask.

"I'm sick. What do you expect?" they huff as the shivering got worse. "C-Can I please borrow your jacket this time, Ruv?"

I squint at them. "...No."

"Are you kidding me," (Your Name) sighs in defeat. "Sarvente would be mad at you." I groan as I set (Your Name) down, take off my jacket, and wrapped it around them. As I put them back into my arms, they sigh happily.

"I only did this to make you shut up," I speak up, not feeling amused.

"At least I'm warm," (Your Name) says calmly. They then eye my head with glittering eyes. "Mind if I have your hat, too?"

"The hell? No," I respond. They frown.

"RUV! Give them the dang hat!" Sarv yells from the hidden home. My eye twitches in response.

"So... can I have it?" (Your Name) pokes my shoulder. That's it. I give up.

"Ugh... here," I sigh, taking off my hat and plopping it on (Your Name)'s head. They widen their eyes and gaze up at me. "What...?" I snarl.

"Your hair..." (Your Name) whispers in awe. "It looks so fluffy!" I give them a weird look.

"Don't. You. Dare. Think. About. It," I warn, trying my best to stay calm.

(I made the artwork myself. Do you like it? 👀 Should I make more work in future chapters? I'm thinking about it!)

 Do you like it? 👀 Should I make more work in future chapters? I'm thinking about it!)

(And yes, I made the art in FlipaClip, despite it being an animation platform.)

"Let me feel your hair!" (Your Name) squeaks, trying to reach up and feel it. I dodge their arm the best I can.

"God, for the last damn time, no," I scoff, feeling needlessly annoyed. (Your Name) pouts. They stop trying to reach for my hair and curl into a ball in arms.

"I think I've harassed you long enough," they whisper and they bury themselves into my arms. I don't respond. I stare at them, feeling uneasy. I kept staring at them like a creep as they slowly drift off to sleep. My mind slowed down as I scoot their head towards my chest. I lean my head on the top of the pew as my eye slowly shuts.

«...»

"Seriously? Right when I finished cooking the soup, you two had to be asleep?" I heard Sarv groan in front of me. I open my eye and tilt my head to the side.

"Sorry, Sarv. It was getting boring here," I mumble.

"You seem to be getting... comfy with (Your Name)," Sarv giggles. I glare at her as she starts to tease me.

"Shut up," I cavil. Suddenly, (Your Name) starts shifting their weight in my arms. They then wake up and turn to meet my gaze.

"Is the soup ready..." (Your Name) yawns as they bury their head deeper into my chest. My heart skips a beat.

"Indeed, it is!" Sarv says holding two bowls of (Your Favorite Soup). "Eat up! You don't want the soup to get cold." I set (Your Name) down next to me and grab my own bowl. Sarv sits next to us as we all started eating. "So, Ruv..." Sarv starts, facing me. "When do you want us to watching the slapping contests with you?"

"Maybe later. Don't feel like it right now," I sigh, miserably eating the soup. Sarv raises a brow and shrugs.

"Tastes good..." (Your Name) compliments tiredly. Sarv then glances between the two of us.

"You two are looking... terrible," she states. "It's almost like both of you woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

"I guess we're just tired," says (Your Name) quietly. We all continue enjoying the soup without talking. As we ate, all of a sudden...

THWACK.

CLINK.

BANG.

Loud noises echo throughout the church. Sarv, (Your Name), and I look around, wondering where the sound is coming from. We decide to ignore it and continue eating, but...

BANG.

CLANK.

CRASH!

The sound of a window shattering caught our attention. We all frantically turn to see the front window partially broken.

"What in the world?!" Sarv shrieks. Behind the entrance doors, all kinds of mischievous laughter was heard as the noises continued.

BAM.

CLINK.

CRASH!

Another part of the shattered window broke. I stare up at the window, noticing decently sized pebbles hitting against the glass.

"It's those uncivilized kids again," I growl as I set my soup down and march over to the entrance.

"Don't hurt them this time, Ruv!" Sarv warns.

"Wait, what's he going to do with them?" (Your Name) asks out loud.

"Gonna assault some kids," I whisper so none of them hear me.