9 - Pebbles

Even though it's in Ruv's POV, I felt badass writing this. 👀

Ruv -

I walk up to a nearby window and unlock it, making it open widely. I quietly crawl out and land on some pebbles. I slowly make my way over to the front, with the rocks crunching underneath my feet. I stop at the the corner, eavesdropping on the kids' conversation.

"HA! This stupid church should be destroyed!" cackles a boy in blond hair. About two other kids were with him, still throwing pebbles at the windows. I growl and slowly hide behind some bushes so that none of them see me. I kneel and pick up a rock the size of a baseball. I positioned my arm, ready to throw... when all of a sudden...

"HEY! Please stop vandalizing this place!" (Your Name) abruptly exclaims as they run out of the entrance doors. I quickly lower my arm and stare in shock. What're they doing? I ask myself. The boys stop throwing the pebbles and look at (Your Name) with a nasty glare.

"Oh, yeah? What're you gonna do about it?" a boy in brown hair mocks and sticks his tongue out at (Your Name). They glare at him in return.

"Don't you realize you're damaging someone's property? You could get in trouble for it!" (Your Name) tries to explain, but the boys did not listen.

"So what? Whoever owns this place must be an idiot," snaps a black-haired boy. They then start throwing the pebbles at the windows again.

"STOP IT!" (Your Name) growls. They ignore them as they kept trying to fully shatter the window.

"You kids need to learn some manners!" Sarv suddenly says as she walks out from the doors. The kids stare at her and grin. "Also, stop stepping on my beloved flowers!" the nun yells. The kids look down at the pink tulips they were in.

Suddenly, the black-haired kid pulled a handful of tulips from the roots and throws them on the nearby road. Sarv stares in shock.

"If you love them so much, why don't you do and get them?!" the black-haired kid laughs. Sarv frantically rushes to the road to receive the flowers. (Your Name) steps up to them with a determined look.

"Please, I want you to stop hurting this church. You don't know how much this place means to some people," (Your Name) tries to explain. The kids still don't care.

"Look, if you don't want us to hurl some more pebbles at you, you should probably get out of the way," the brown-haired kid warns. (Your Name) doesn't budge.

"I'm not going anywhere until you stop," they say strictly.

As I kept watching, I started to feel concerned. (Your Name) didn't stand a chance against those boys when they're in a weak condition. I pick up a rock and grip it tightly.

"Oh, well, we warned you," the blond-haired boy shrugs. "FIRE!" All three of them quickly launch pebbles at (Your Name). They roll themselves into a ball for defense.

"HEY! PLEASE- OW!- STOP THROWING... THEM!" (Your Name) pleads in fear. I growl under my breath and stand up, clutching the baseball-sized rock in my hand. "HELP!" they shriek.

That's it. Enough watching.

I threw the rock as hard as I can at the blond-haired kid. He screams in agony as it smashes his thigh. The other two stop throwing the pebbles and stare up at me in fear. I walk up to (Your Name) and help them stand up. They look at me with a surprised look.

"Don't worry," I whisper to them. I turn my attention back to the boys and give them a death glare. I glance between the black and brown-haired kids. "Oh, I forgot to give you the same treatment as your blond friend." I swiftly pick up two more baseball-sized rocks and throw it at the two. One of them crashes the black-haired kid's shoulder, and the other one collided with the brown-haired kid's side. They all cry in pain as they fearfully look up at me.

"Ruv...! You don't have to hurt them...!" (Your Name) weakly protests, clutching their own bruises from the pebbles.

"It's what I have to do," I mutter. As the boys kept crying, I wrap a protective arm around (Your Name). I stick my finger at their faces. "If you three EVER come back here, damage the church, OR hurt (Your Name) EVER AGAIN... I WILL collect ALL the pebbles you've thrown, and SHOVE them into your mouth and nostrils until you suffocate. Do I make myself clear?!" I snap aggressively at them. They all nod their heads with tears streaming down their faces. "Good. Now get the hell outta here before I end your existence."

(I made another piece of art. :3)

All three of the boys sloppily run towards their bikes and took off

I huff, "Гребаные дети." I feel (Your Name) tug on the cloth of my pants. I look down at them and raise a brow.

"T...Thank you..." they whisper with a grateful look in their eyes.

"It's k..." I whisper back. Suddenly, Sarv approached us with her rescued flowers in her hand. She looks around in confusion.

"Where're the boys? And what happened to (Your Name)?" she asks, extremely worried.

"I took care of them..." I say plainly.

Sarv looks at me in dismay. "Ruv, did you kill them?!"

"Eh... I wish I did, but I didn't," I sigh. "Don't bother thinking about them. They won't come back anytime soon." As we head back inside, I felt (Your Name) still staring at me. I glance down. "Why do you keep giving me that look?"

"I don't know... I'm just... I just didn't you'd do that for me..." they whisper.

"Wait, what did you do?" Sarv asks me.

"I made those three imbeciles stop throwing pebbles at (Your Name)," I reply.

"That explains those cuts and bruises on them," Sarv says, glancing down at (Your Name), who indeed was covered in scrapes. "Also, Ruv, you should probably carry them. They're limping."

"Yeah, carry me, please," (Your Name) says looking up at me with a small smile.

"Ask Sarv to carry you," I murmur.

"I'd rather have a tall, strong man carry me," (Your Name) says. My face turns red for a bit and I sigh. I pick them up and glare at them.

"What do you want me to do next? Kiss your boo-boos?" I ask sarcastically.

"That'd be nice, but no thanks," (Your Name) replies as all three of us made our way to the pews.