38 - The Reunion

Ruv -

Was crying supposed to feel this painful?

Were a few drops of water from your eyes really enough to make you break down?

Right when the first tear slipped, a wave of emotion had unlocked inside me.

I felt confused, concerned, and excited all in one. I never felt like this before. Maybe this was the feeling of... being human.

Pretty soon, I felt the warm sensation of another wrapped around me. My blurry eye opens, seeing my aunt embrace me with her gentle touch. Shaky, yet steady, I hug her back, sniffling and gasping for air.

(Had to take a picture from my phone 'cause the photo wouldn't upload)

(Had to take a picture from my phone 'cause the photo wouldn't upload). 💅 👍

"Oh, my dear Ruvyzvat..." she whispers with relief, "Shh. It's alright. I'm here with you now, my boy."

I was unable to reply because of my ugly sobbing. All I could do was weep more and hold my aunt tighter, though I was afraid I was going to crush her with my strength. I felt her rub circles on my back with comfort, which helped me regain my breath.

However, despite my weeping session, I was also confused. How is she alive? Why did Carmen bring her to me? And where is Taja? How was I sure this wasn't a dream?

Then, in this interesting predicament, the comfort and overwhelming made my eye lid feel heavy. Pretty soon, I didn't even know I dozed off.

«...»

"Oh, hahaha! He's always been so keen on mastering self defense!" I hear a muffled voice, which sounded like Auntie, laugh out loud. "Thank you, my dear. For keeping him company when he was young. And now. He would have been lost in this cruel world."

"The pleasure's all mine," I hear Sarvente's voice. "Ruv is a handful. Both good and bad ways. I am very grateful to have a best friend like him."

"It's amazing how much he has grown," Auntie gasps. "I knew he would be tall, but I didn't think he would grow taller than his own father!"

"Must've been hard for the family," says a voice that sounded like (Your Name).

"It has. But I was given chances."

In a snap, the voices became clear to me, as my one eye struggles to open from the bright light. Where am I?

"Hey, he's moving a bit," says Sarv.

"Wha...?" I mutter, feeling the puffiness of my eye from the bawling I did. It felt swollen. Who knew crying could affect physical appearance. I shift my body to lay on my back. My eye opens wide seeing my aunt looking down at me with a sweet smile. We were in the hidden home, with my head was resting on her lap.

"Милый мой, Ruvyzvat. Вы наконец проснулись," Auntie smiles, stroking the top of my head.

"Auntie...? How...?" I whisper. "How are you here? I saw you—"