20 - Sarvente's Birthday Party (Part 1)

Thanks for 62K+ reads!

(Your Name) -

The dim sunlight leaked through the blinds, waking me up. I tiredly yawn, rubbing my eyes. But then I shot upward.

Today was Sarvente's birthday!

I look over at the bed, seeing Ruv and Sarvente still sleeping peacefully.

I was surprised once I noticed Sarvente was still on the bed.

Glad she didn't roll off.

I slip out of my sleeping bag, carefully making my way over to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

Once I enter the bathroom, the Wednesday sunlight greeted me, glaring me in the process.

I grab my toothbrush and clean my teeth, feeling excited for what the rest of the day will bring.

I was mostly excited to meet my other friends again, despite not seeing them for a few days.

Once I finish, I walk out and head toward the kitchen.

I felt a bit nervous to use the microwave for breakfast, since I remember how loud it was, plus it woke up Ruv.

But then one thing popped up in my mind: I'll cook breakfast for Sarvente.

Bingo! She'll have the best birthday ever! I smile in my mind.

I go to the cabinets and grab all the supplies, planning to make (Breakfast You're Able To Cook).

Fifteen minutes past, and the food was done. Its pleasant aroma entered my nose. I wanted to give this to Sarvente in bed, but I didn't know where to find a breakfast-in-bed table.

I think I needed some help.

Should I wake up Ruv? I thought. He might know where to find a table. I confirm my decision, walking towards the bedroom. Once I was inside, I stand next to Ruv, who was still sleeping without a care in the world.

"Hey... wake up," I shake his arm.

He grumbles. "(Your Name)... go away..."

"I need your help," I sigh. "I made breakfast for Sarvente. Do you know where to find a breakfast-in-bed table?"

Ruv sighs, laying down on his back. He opens his eye, giving me a lazy glare.

"Fine... whatever..." he sighs, tiredly sitting up.

"Thanks. Meet me in the kitchen once you're done," I tell him, quickly running back to the kitchen.

After a few minutes, Ruv walked in with his usual attire. He then spots me sitting next to the island.

"So... you woke me up... just to find a small table?" he asks, kind of pissed.

"Hey, sorry. I don't know where things are in here," I roll my eyes.

"It's there in that pantry," Ruv huffs, pointing to a tall cabinet near the kitchen sink.

"Thanks..." I go up to the pantry door and open it. My mind freezes once I realize the table was at the very top shelf. To make matters worse, the pantry was as tall as Ruv. "You gotta be kidding me," I mutter.

"What? Got a problem?" Ruv asks sarcastically.

I mumble and face him. "Can you please help me?"

"Fine... I'm only helping 'cause it's Sarv's birthday," he sighs under his breath. He easily grabs the table, setting it into my arms.

"Thanks," I exhale, walking over to the bedroom, while Ruv helped with carrying the breakfast.