29 - [REDACTED]

Hey. So it's been a while.

I kind of have some bad news. So I finished the art for Aunt Elizi (it was rushed and looks terrible by the way), but then my tablet started doing weird things. It kept switching between the dead battery screen to the turn on apple screen, and the battery was nearly at 100%. It would do the same, even if I hold down both buttons to activate a reset.

Anyone have an idea to fix this?

Once it's permanently fixed, I'll upload the art.

Relios -

"Hey..." I keep poking Carmen's shoulder. He grunts and looks away, purposely ignoring me. I frown, seeing his expression quickly turn sad. Taking out my physical hand, I chuckle, "Look what I have." Carmen then squeals in a scared manner, seeing the delictae frog in my hand.

"R-Relios! Put that thing away!" Carmen shakes, hiding behind a folding chair. The frog then leaps off of my hand, hopping away in some corner of the bunker.

"Aw... you made me lose him."

"I don't care, I want that thing out of here!"

"Look, I'm just trying to help you, cotton hair."

"Whatever you're trying to do isn't working. It won't stop me from worrying..." Carmen sat on the floor, devastated. I slowly sat beside him, observing the mood of his eyes.

"You're nervous? Is it about the task Taja assigned you?" I question.

"Pretty much, Captain Obvious," Carmen whines, resting his head on his knees. "I'm just tired of this, Relios. Taja has been at this for almost two decades. He doesn't know when to stop hunting after Ruvyzvat. He doesn't know when to move on with his life. And it hurts me knowing that he won't stop until one of them drop dead."

I started at him, bewildered. Carmen was actually tired of this? I then put on a sad smile.

"Honestly, I'm tired of it, too."

"You are?" Carmen glances up at me, his pale eyes calm.

"Of course I am. I'm exhausted from chasing the same darn person. There needs to be change in this group," I confirm.

"Of course there needs to be change!" Rayne scoffs, strutting his way toward us. "This group is escalating absolutely nowhere. And there's nothing we can do to help it." Rayne sits next to me, crossing his purple arms. "What's the point chasing after that little, grey rat? He might've forgotten us by now."

"Little?" I retort. "He's a grown man at this point!"

"Well, whatever. I doubt he had enough food to grow up into one. Little shrimp..." Rayne growls. I could tell he wasn't in the best mood, either.

"... Don't you ever feel bad for him?" I suddenly ask, catching both of the Pessim Monsters' attention next to me.

"Well, honestly, I do," Carmen mumbled. "The poor guy didn't do anything."

"Neither did his parents and aunt," Rayne sighs in agreement.

"Even Taja's family didn't deserve it." I shut my eyes, my heart throbbing with regret.

"Well... the only person who did deserve it was the dude that I drowned," Rayne hums happily, staring at his razor sharp fingers. "He's a butthole. He called me fat."

"You drowned him just for that?" Carmen squints, questioning Rayne.

"Mhm~!" Rayne giggles. "Ooh! I remember when I crashed that car! Both the man and woman died!"

"Wasn't that eighteen years ago?" I ask. Once I said that, I felt like an old man.

"Surprised you remember that," the purple monster chuckles, showing his shiny teeth. "If I remember correctly... I think I made their kid end up in an orphanage!"

"How on Earth are you proud of this?" Carmen exclaims, one of his eyes twitching with disbelief. "You're a sicko."

"It was fun while it lasted..." Rayne shrugs, slowly sinking his posture.

"What was the kid's name again...?" I ask, not bothering to look at either monsters beside me.

"If I remember correctly, it was (Your Name)." Rayne puts his fingers to his chin. "But I forgot why I was assigned to kill their parents."

"W... We'll talk about this some other time," Carmen mumbles, getting up and walking to another room of the bunker.

"I'm... gonna help Carmen prepare for his mission..." I get up, too, shoulders slouching.

As I continued to walk, I started to think.

(Your Name)...

Why did that name fascinate me?

And why did we kill their parents again...?

Oh, well. It's a mystery I'll solve later.