18 - Preparations

Sorry for not posting in a while! I had to take my second dose of Pfizer, and I felt a bit terrible, but I feel better now!

Ruv -

I push against the back door, grunting as I make it inside. I then slowly stroll over to the hidden home, catching my breath. Making my way to the kitchen, I place the necklace and the heels on the island. I grab my phone, widening my eye in surprise.

4 missed messages.

They were all from (Your Name).

I then stare at the texts. They were asking if I wanted anything from the store.

You know what. I'm just not gonna reply.

I place the phone back down on the island and sigh, shutting my eye closed. Then, the sound of a car pulling up came from the front of the church, catching my attention.

Quickly, I grab the heels and the necklace, sprinting toward the bedroom. I open the closet door and throw them inside, shutting it afterward. Right on time, I hear the front doors creak open.

"Ruv! We're back!" I hear Sarv call. I then sigh in relief, walking out of the bedroom, heading towards the church itself. There, I see the both of them, holding tons, and I mean tons, of plastic bags within their grasp.

"How come you didn't reply to my messages?" (Your Name) asks, wobbling under the weight of the bags.

"I fell asleep," I lie. It was a terrible excuse, but it'll suffice. I go up to them, taking some bags into my hands.

"We bought decorations, clothes, and ingredients for food," says Sarv as we all head to the hidden home. "Would you mind helping us setting them up later?" she asks me.

"Sure..." I reply. We set the bags into the living room.

"I'll go lock the car," Sarv sighs in exhaustion, pulling out her car keys. Once she left, (Your Name) looks up at me, raising a brow.

I look down at them, returning a glare. "What?"

"Sleeping? This whole time?" they question.

"It was a lie. I don't wanna spoil anything for Sarv." I murmur. I then look at them with a softer expression. "I got the necklace."

"Wait, really?" they jump. "How? Where did you get it?"

"Well... instead of sleeping, like I said earlier, I went to a jewelry shop, and they coincidentally had it there," I explain. Deep down, I was just hoping (Your Name) was gullible.

"Wow. How much was it?" they ask. My heart started to beat a little faster.

"Around... what was it? A thousand dollars? I dunno..." I start to panic a bit. The necklace was from a rich guy, so should I assume the necklace was made out of real gold and gem? It's not like I ever knew how much certain materials cost.

"But how did you get the money for it?" (Your Name) asks.

"I have spare money," I shrug.

"But couldn't you have used the money from your... vault?" they ask. I narrow my eyes at them. Their eyes widen in realization. "Oh! Sarvente probably didn't tell you that she told me about your vault! I'm sorry! I promise I'm not trying to steal or anything-"

"I know, she told you."

"Wait, what?"

"When she was talking with you in the vault room, I was... eavesdropping," I elucidate.