32 - Ruv's Surprise Party (Part 3)

Sorry, it's been a while. My iPad is still broken, so from now on, I'll be doing pencil sketches of the art. And now I'll have to start the Aunt Elizi picture again.

Also, what in the hell is wrong with the fandom?

First there was Ruv X Selever art, now I found Selever X Rasazy R34 art.

All I was doing was looking at pictures of my Russian husbando. 😭

P.S.: I found a picture of bald Ruv. I couldn't stop laughing! I'll post the picture soon.

(Your Name) -

"So, Ruv? You ready?" Sarvente grins, holding a microphone in her hand, bringing it towards the birthday boy. I immediately notice his anxious look, giving me a quick glance before taking the microphone. He then leans closer to Sarvente, whispering something into her ear. She nods with a smile, wasting no time to head to the hidden home.

As I kept observing Ruv's actions, he started to fiddle with the mic, as if making sure it was on... or off.

In a flash, Sarvente came back, holding a decently-sized pot. She stands in front of me, gently plopping the pot on my head.

"Oh? What's this for?" I ask, perplexed. I point at the pot.

"Ruv wants to, uh... keep you safe... in a way," the nun chuckles, quickly followed by a look of worry. "Remember how I said his singing is 'special'?" She walks off before I had the chance to reply.

"(Your Name)! Come over here! I can't stay here by myself!" (Girlfriend) whimpers as she hesitantly sits on the top of her speakers. Once I join her, she grasps noise-canceling headphones.

"Why the headphones?" I question.

"Ruv's voice is loud. I hate loud sounds," (Girlfriend) shudders, crossing her arms. The phonophobe then gives me a sideways glance. "What's with the pot? Is it for the new fashion season?"

"Nah. Sarvente said Ruv wanted to 'keep me safe,' whatever that means," I shrug.

"Use it. You'll need it," she squints, adding the headphones on her head.

I look ahead, seeing Sarvente move the crowd. She seems to be... steering them away from the pillars.

(Boyfriend) then stands across from Ruv, holding his microphone. "You ready, Ruv?!" he exclaims excitedly.

Before Ruv responds, he gives me a quick glance, sighing afterward. He turns back to (Boyfriend) with a prepared expression.

"Ready."

"You might wanna hold onto something," (Girlfriend) whispers to me.

3...

2...

1...

GO!

At the speed of light, Ruv started to "sing."

"Woah!" I exclaim. (Girlfriend) was correct. His voice was loud. It was so loud, it shook the church, making the crowd hold onto the pews. I held onto (Girlfriend)'s arm with no hesitation, violently bouncing on the speakers.

Soon, it was (Boyfriend)'s turn. Everything went back to calm as he sang along.

And... back to Ruv. I swear, I almost fell off the speaker during his turn.

Back to (Boyfriend) again. Calm and collected. Once he was done, I could see a sliver of mischief in Ruv's eye.

The Russian then gave it his all on this one turn. It shook the church so much, one of the pillars began to crack. I felt small pebbles from the ceiling clink off of the pot on my head. Despite having noise-cancelling headphones on, (Girlfriend) still was shaking in pure terror.

Once I got used to Ruv's loud voice, I found it much easier to bounce to the beat. I actually really liked his song Zavodila. Very catchy. At this point, I wasn't worried about the small debris hitting the pot on my head. (Girlfriend) on the other hand... wasn't doing so well.

"I-I told you he's terrifying!" (Girlfriend) winces, grabbing onto me for dear life.

"Terrifying? This is cool!" I shout in excitement. The song kept going, and I was really enjoying it. I look upward, instantly noticing a piece of the ceiling cracking. It was about to fall. Worse part of all: it was almost right above us.

Before I had time to think, the large chunk freed itself, sending itself toward the ground. It crashes, less than a foot away. That was a close call.

"That was too close!" (Girlfriend) shudders.

I ignore her, focusing on the battle. (Boyfriend) and Ruv kept exchanging turns, when finally, the song was over.

Ruv gives a nod of approval. "I see you've improved. Have you been practicing, gremlin?"

"Of course I have," (Boyfriend) admits with a cheeky grin. "Hey, Lucifer! Get over here!"

Sarvente jumps in surprise. She chuckles, "Okay, okay. I'm coming."

She grabs her own microphone, standing right next to Ruv. "Ready when you are!" she smirks.

I finally got (Girlfriend) to calm down once they started to sing Too Clergy.

"Keep that pot on your head," she groans. "Ruv's still gonna sing."

I sigh, placing the metal culinary tool on my head. Again.

We turned our attention back to the battle. Everything seemed to be going very smoothly. I glance over to Ruv, who seemed very serene throughout the song. I then noticed a string of silver around his neck.

He was wearing the locket. Although, the locket part itself was tucked into his dark shirt. Probably to hide it from everyone. But still, I was overjoyed that he loved it.

However, the smile of mine quickly transformed into a saddening frown. Ruv had a token of the last person he lost. Why didn't I have anything? Not even a reminder of a family member?

I had no memories nor objects to remind me of my parents. I barely even knew them. I don't even know their first names. Not even their faces.

Another sad thing: I've been at my old orphanage for fifteen years, and no one took me in. It's been three years since the police began searching for me, and they never did. They probably forgot or gave up a long time ago.

Another question sprang up in my mind: Where did I belong? Was it here? In this church? Sarvente never said that I get to stay here permanently.

I had nowhere to go after the church. Jobs were a problem, even part-time ones. I sit still, staring at the cracked marble floor. I was in an endless void full of unanswered questions.

"Earth to (Your Name)? The battle's over."

I jump, quickly turning to (Girlfriend), who gave me a puzzled look. "You okay?" she asks.

"Yeah! I'm fine," I nod. I turn away from her, sighing.

I shouldn't think about this stuff. I have a place to stay, I have food to eat, I have warmth, I have clothes. This was my true "home."

Besides, I belong here.

Right?