25 - [REDACTED]

This is a really short chapter, but it is a teaser. It's okay if you're confused.

???[REDACTED]??? -

"DAMN IT ALL!" I yell in extreme anger, shoving all of the papers off of my desk. Carmen and Relios stare at me, as if I was crazy. And to be honest, I was losing my mind.

"Sir, please calm down!" Carmen tries to hold me in place. I stand still, lowering my head. "Sir, please don't be stressed. And please don't try to cure it with alcohol."

"Whatever," I shove him away. "Don't go near me."

"My apologies," he whispers, stepping back.

"Have you seen any more reports of him?!" I ask aggressively.

"No, sir..." Relios steps back away from my desk.

"Both of you are USELESS!" I pick up the Jack Daniel's bottle and throw it at the floor. They both jump, startled.

"Sir!" Carmen steps away even more. "Please! You're just drunk!"

"Drunk? Drunk?!" I then start to laugh. "You imbeciles believe I'm going mad because I'm DRUNK?"

"That... was an assumption, sir..." Carmen sighs. "I'm sorry."

I sit on the chair, groaning into my hands. "Useless... just useless..."

"Sir, there hasn't been reports of him in a while," Relios tries to reason. "Maybe he is trying to hide himself."

"Maybe so," I sigh. "But it'll be even harder to find him."

"What if... he's already dead?" Relios shrugs.

"I don't care," I mumble. "I want to kill him, even if he's dead."

"Sir, that doesn't... make sense." Carmen raises a brow.

"You really are drunk, sir," Relios sighs. "Maybe you need some rest."

"Yeah, fine..." I sigh.

"SIR!" Rayne barges into the office. "There's been another crime report! But I can't confirm if it was caused by him."

I sigh, "Show it to me."

"It has happened recently, the murder of Robert McWellerson," Rayne explains. "What if he murdered him?"

"Maybe," I take the article. "Such an idiot for drawing attention." I then stand up from my chair. "Carmen. You're going to that city to investigate. You better come back with useful information. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, sir," he nods. "But... if there's no useful information...?"

"Then..." I sigh. "I'll go there myself and find Ruvyzvat, even if it's the last damn thing I do."

"But, sir," Relios speaks up. "Ruvyzvat is a grown man already. He could be much more dangerous. He isn't a child we are trying to capture anymore."

"That may be true," I nod. "But I've gotten everything ready." I pull out a drawer and pick up the special dagger. The same dagger that I used to penetrate his eye. "Carmen. You're going to that place on Sunday. Don't let me down, you understand?"

"I understand, sir Taja," he nods in confirmation.

"Good. If you do find him..." I twirl the dagger. "...I'll be ready for him."

Well, there you go. Taja is the official antagonist of this book.

Here is what he looks like:

Now, there's a LOT of explaining ahead

You don't HAVE to read it, but you can if you want to learn about this dude.

Here is basic information for how and why he looks like this:

Before Ruv's family was murdered, Taja was a regular human.

However, he now takes the form of a Pessim Monster.

Humans only transform into a Pessim Monster when a heavy/personal negative event has occurred.

For Taja, he turned into one when his wife and son were killed by Ruv's father. (Reread chapter 19 to freshen your mind).

When he was human, his real name was Charlin. But he renamed himself to Taja, meaning 'alone' in an ancient demon language.

You may notice he and his clothes are all white. Different Pessim Monsters have different colors depending on the negative event. For Taja, the white represents loneliness.

Now, you may notice all the marks on him. For these monsters, these marks are known as 'Sins'. Every sin you commit will be permanently marked on you.

For example, the three horns. This shows him, his wife, and his son. The first two are crossed out because his and and wife were killed. The third one shows how many Taja killed: that being Ruv's father, mother, and aunt.

His right eye has a 'scribble' mark. He received this sin when he stabbed Ruv's left eye. There is also a dagger tip under it. He still can look with the eye, though.

The cross on his neck symbolizes how he killed Ruv's mother: strangling.

The lines on his arms show how he killed Ruv's father: using the dagger.

His left eye, which is similar to (Girlfriend)'s parents' eyes, is yellow because that was his original eye color.

The 'arrow tip' under that eye represents a tear after losing his family.

Okay, I'm done now.

I'm sorry if this is too much information. I can't process this either.

You can ask questions about Taja. I will gladly answer, but I will not answer to questions that may spoil the story.

Also, should I make art of Carmen, Relios, and Rayne? I was thinking about it.