17 - Mischief & Mayhem

Two chapters in one day. Wow.

Ruv -

"You better watch over her," I glare. I watch as (Your Name) and Sarvente walk out of the church. I stand by a window, seeing them drive away.

Sighing to myself, I sit on one of the chairs in the kitchen.

Where the hell am I going to find a gold necklace with a pink jewel? I ask myself. Then, it hit me.

Mr. McWellerson.

A rich man known to hold any type of jewelry there is. Of course, those were just rumors.

But rumors tend to be true.

I take my phone out of my pocket, placing it on the kitchen island. I had to leave it here so no calls or texts could distract me.

I quickly get out of the church through the back door, running through the small forest behind the building.

«...»

Made it.

Ragger Avenue. A street that has the richest houses in the neighborhood.

Not surprisingly, Mr. McWellerson's house was the one who shines the brightest during the day.

Speaking of the day, this was a bit more risky. But, hey, I've done this before, especially during broad daylight.

I stare at the luxurious house, trying to spot and entrance in without getting caught. Surprisingly, the rich man didn't have security guards, nor cameras. He had a large, tall fence around his yard. And he lived alone. This'll be easy.

I then see a gate leading into his backyard. Bingo.

I run across the empty street, standing right up to the fence. I pull out one of Sarv's hairpins to lock pick the gate. She wouldn't mind, right?

It slowly swings open. I enter into the backyard, running up to the house and leaning against the wall.

Conveniently, there was a window to my right. Once again, I lock pick it and leap inside. I look around, staying alert if Mr. McWellerson was still around.

No signs of life anywhere.

I swiftly walk into another hallway. Nothing there. I went into a random room. Just a laundry room. Suddenly...

"Mike. Come on. Just tell me!"

Mr. Rich Guy was near.

I enter another hallway, which led to another, which lead to another... I swear, this house was a maze.

I finally make it into a much larger, open room that appeared to be a man cave.

"Mike, she'll love it. Don't stress so much."

Ah, he was near.

I spot a doorway in the room. I walk up to it and peer inside.

Target found.

He was on the phone.

I widen my eye in surprise. He was holding what I've been looking for.

A gold necklace with a pink jewel.

Some coincidence.

Thanks, rumors.

I kept staring at him, ranting into the phone to some guy who wanted to win some girl's heart.

I could tell he was a terrible pep talker.

Alright. Plan it, now.

Should I kill him...?

No. I already brought too much attention in the past.

I then slowly creep up to him, trying not to make a noise.

"C'mon, Mike! She may be stubborn, but I bet she'll love this necklace! I got it for you so you could give it to her!" Mr. McWellerson then clutches the necklace even tighter.

Nope. You're not giving it to Mike today.

"Why don't you come later today so I could give you the neck-"

BAM!

Done.

I punched him.

Right in the back of the skull.

He drops on the floor. God knows if he's alive or not.

Whoops.

"Robert? Hello?" the Mike guy says from the phone. I pick up the device and click the hang up button.

I drop the phone, looking down at Mr. McWellerson's now senseless body, seeing small streams of fresh blood roll down his head.

I lean down and pick him up, trying not to get any blood stains on my clothes. I then find a large cabinet in the room, stuffing him inside there. I then take the phone, clean the screen with my sleeve, and plop it into the cabinet as well, barricading the door.

"Too simple," I mutter. I then see the necklace on the floor and pick it up. "Now... time to look for my gift for Sarv."

I put the necklace in my pocket, leaving the room, pondering to myself. What does Sarv like? She likes pink for sure. I keep walking into random rooms, trying to get an idea.

I then enter a bedroom, precisely for females. Which is strange enough, considering Mr. McWellerson lives all by himself. I glance over at the closet, which was wide open and full of clothes and shoes. Wait... shoes. Sarv doesn't have much shoes.

Gift found.

I see a perfect pair of pink high heels sitting in the center of the closet.

I clutch the pair in my arms, turning to leave the room.

Now... I should get out of here and return back to the church before Sarv and (Your Name) arrive.

I quickly find my way back to the window, leaping out of it, locking it, walked out of the fence, and locked the gate. I then run across the street once more and back into the woods.

Mission success.

As I kept running, a thought lingered in my mind.

(Your Name) cannot find out about this.