15 - The Vault

(Your Name) -

The sound of birds chirping happily echoed in my ears. I yawn and slowly open my eyes, the sun partially glaring me. As my sight adjusts, I rub my eyes. I attempt to sit up, but... something kept me down.

I turn a bright red as I remember: Ruv's arm was around me last night. At it was still around me.

I try to pull myself away from his tough grasp, but fail. I try to wiggle myself out of his arm, but that didn't work either. Should I wake him up? I look up at his sleeping, peaceful face.

Sighing, I look behind me to see if Sarvente was awake.

She was gone.

Putting a perplexed look on my face, I notice a low snore coming from the floor.

She was sleeping. On the floor.

Did she roll out of bed?

I rest my head on top of Ruv's chest again, which was slowly going up and down. His heart was going at a soothing pace.

I look at the wall ahead of the bed, glancing up at the small clock that said it was 7:53 in the morning.

I only had about five hours of sleep, but I didn't feel tired. I felt perfectly fine. It was my second morning here, and things were kind of going well.

The Tuesday sun kept a bright orange color inside the room. I stare at every corner, my eyes darting from a small desk on Sarvente's side of the room, to Ruv's jacket and hat on the dresser.

Suddenly, a small rumble growled in my stomach. I wanted to eat, but I couldn't if Ruv's large, heavy hand was preventing me from doing so.

I slowly grab his hand, carefully lifting it from my waist. Jeez! How heavy was his arm alone? I plop it next to me, ploddingly sitting up, making a few creaks from the bed. I then slowly crawl over the sleeping Russian and successfully plant my feet on the cold wooden floor.

I then make my way around the bed, stopping once I spot the sleeping nun on the floor, her hair a mess, with drool trickling down her mouth. I slowly go up to her, using my foot to nudge her shoulder. Her snores hitch for a bit, but then relax. I sigh to myself.

She'll be fine, I reassure myself, stepping away from her, and heading out of the bedroom.

Rubbing my eyes fully awake, I step into the hallway, the cold floor greeting my feet. Suddenly, something caught my attention.

I turn and face the right side of the hall, spotting a pink door with silver lace designs on it. My curiosity sparked as I reach for the handle.

The only thing I saw inside were dark pink stairs going down. Was this a basement of some sort?

The basement was bright enough for me to see. Gathering up all of my courage, I slowly make my way down the stairs, each step echoing with a creak.

Once I reach the cold, stone floor, I look up seeing a large, metal vault.

Especially in the dark, I could see its edges shimmer.

The door was a large circle in the middle, with small buttons on the side. 

Staring in amazement, I sit crisscrossed on the floor. What is inside it? All of a sudden...

"(Your Name)! Are you down here?"

I jump and turn around, facing the stairs. Standing there was Sarvente, with a look of relief.