12 - The Lonely Library

Thanks for 26K+ reads!

(Your Name) -

I feel like my brain is about to explode. Literally.

After our first kahoot, Sarvente wanted to do even more, and I agreed. I somewhat regretted it. We did ten flipping kahoots, each of them having twenty questions. And not-that-surprisingly, Sarvente won most of them.

Once the final kahoot results show, Sarvente sighs tiredly and shuts off the TV.

"Boy, that was tiring," she chuckles to herself. "What time is it now?"

I look at the clock on my phone. "Five fifteen."

"It's five already?" Sarvente slouches into the couch. "We were playing for that long? We really should have a break."

"No kidding," I agree. Suddenly, my stomach rumbles. "And we should really eat soon."

"Alright then," Sarvente gets up and dusts off her dress. "Wait a minute... I just realized... where's Ruv?"

"I have no idea. I haven't seen him since a few hours ago," I reply.

"Do you mind if you go look for him while I prepare the food?" Sarvente asks.

"Sure."

"Alright! Thanks, (Your Name)," she smiles as she makes her way to the kitchen. I wobbly stand up and slowly make my way to the halls. There were quite a number of doors there. I then spot this pink door and open it.

He wasn't there. It was just the bathroom.

I close it and find another door. It was a closet full of cleaning supplies.

And finally, I see a large, brown door with gold lace designs on it. I stare at the door in awe as I place my hand on the cold, gold knob. I turn and open the door, which caused a cloud of dust to greet me. I cough the dust out of my face and look around inside, my face lighting up in amazement.

It was a library. About the size of a living room and kitchen combined.

There were tons of tall, dark brown shelves everywhere, filled with old, torn books of dull colors.

I step inside, causing a loud creak to echo below me. I then go deeper into the room as more dust floated in the air.

"Ruv...? You in here...?" I whisper, scared to yell his name inside the room. I make my way past more shelves, which made the room feel like a maze. As I kept going, I traced my fingers along the shelves. They were still surprisingly smooth.

I make a right, seeing what appears to be a "checkout desk". I walk past it, looking at books. Some from the 1700s and some from other countries with different languages.

All of a sudden...

"Squeak!"

I jump and frantically look around. My eyes dart to the floor, spotting a dark grey fur ball. I squint and look harder at it.

It was a rat.

It was the size of a ping pong ball. It's tiny face then looks up at mine. As I stared at it more, it actually looked kind of cute. I kneel down beside it and show my fingers to its face. The rat gently sniffs them and looks up at me again. It makes another tiny squeak.

I giggle, "Hello there, little one. Hurry along now. You don't want him to find you anytime soon."

The rat then stares at me even more and scurries the opposite direction. I stand up and dust off my knees and continue to look for Ruv.