5 - Thoughts & Texts

Oh... my... God. We've reached 2,000+ reads! 🥳 I want to thank everyone for the amount of support I have received while making this. Love you all! ❤️ As a special thanks, you all get free kisses from the Russian man himself. 💋

(Your Name) -

I anxiously, yet happily walk inside the hidden home as Ruv stepped aside to let me in. I stop when I was right next to him and look up. I stare into his pupil-less eyes. He gives me a confused expression.

I say with a shaky voice, "I really am sorry. I could tell how uncomfortable you were when I asked. I promise to no longer ask any questions about your private life, until you're comfortable with telling me. And if not, I understand. Either way, I won't rush you." Ruv looks down at me, squinting his eye and tilting his head. His expression looked like he was making sure that I truly did promise.

He relaxes his face. "It's k... I guess." Ruv then walks off into the kitchen, not bothering to turn back and look at me. I stare toward his direction, raising an eyebrow. Was that really all he had to say? I ask myself. I shrug and make my way over to the small living room. I sit myself on the brown couch, grabbing the remote on the side and turning on the TV. I search through all the channels, but nothing caught my interest. I sigh and set down the remote, grabbing my new phone from my pocket. I decided to text Sarvente, see how she was holding up. I'm glad I got her number before she left.

Me: Sarvente! You online? How are you doing?

Sarvente is online.

Sarvente: (Your Name)! Hello! I'm doing good! Although, the other church that I'm at REALLY did need lots of help. 😖

Me: Woah, what happened? 😦

Sarvente: The pipes burst from the bathrooms. I don't even know why the priest asked me for help. DO I LOOK LIKE A PLUMBER?

Me: Maybe. Just get a mustache and a cap and you'll be just like Mario. LET'S-A-GO.

Sarvente: Haha. Very funny. 😒 Also, how is it there with Mr. Grumpy Russian Bass man?

Me: Honestly, it had gotten a lot better than expected. Even though it's hard to have a full conversation with him. I asked him the 'poster' question and he got mad.

Sarvente: Wait, REALLY? Did he hurt you??? 🤭

Me: Nope! When I apologized, he SOMEWHAT forgave me for it. I guess I'm lucky! 😄

Sarvente: Really? Wow, that's not like the Ruv I know.

Me: WDYM?

Sarvente: Well, he usually wouldn't forgive someone so easily to others, especially to you. Man, you ARE lucky. Or Ruv is just trying to somehow warm up to you.

Me: Huh.

Sarvente: Wait, speaking of Ruv...

Sarvente is offline.

"What're you doing now?" I ask myself. I stare at my phone, tapping against the case. All of a sudden...

Sarvente has invited you to join 'Church Chapsticks'.

Church chapsticks? I ask in my mind. I slowly click 'accept'.

You have joined 'Church Chapsticks'.

Sarvente: YES! I made a group chat for all three of us!

Me: ???

Suddenly, I heard two dings from the kitchen. Did Ruv receive a notification?