6 - Rude

REASONS I CHOSE THE PICTURE FOR THIS CHAPTER:

1. It's hella cute.

2. It's offensive, but I funking love it.

3. It's probably what's on Ruv's mind the entire chapter.

(Your Name) -

I shift my weight and lay on my back. Why was the sleeping bag so comfortable all of a sudden? My eyes slowly flutter open. My surroundings were needlessly dark. My sight adjusts to the darkness and I look around. I see my phone sitting on a nearby nightstand. I turn it on and widen my eyes. It's 2:14 AM?! I realize that I fell asleep around five PM yesterday when Ruv and I were watching the movie. I sigh and sit up. I was right, the sleeping bag was much more comfortable. I took my phone and turned on the flashlight. I shine it around me. I'm on a bed? I stare in surprise. It was Sarvente and Ruv's bed.

(Yes, Sarvente and Ruv share a bed on what I've seen in the art Dokki posted. They put a barrier between them, so don't get any bad ideas. They sleep together platonically in this story. 👍)

I slowly notice that I was on Ruv's side of the bed. Did he put me here? I freeze in place as my face fills with blush. I shake off the feeling and slowly make my way off the bed. I shine the flashlight around the bedroom. Where is Ruv anyway? I ask myself. I carefully made my way out of the bedroom and into the living room. Ruv wasn't there. I quietly enter the kitchen.

"Might as well make a snack for myself," I whisper. I open the fridge and got out (Your Favorite Microwavable Breakfast) and put it in the microwave. When I put the timer, a loud BZZT echoed everywhere. I quickly cover my ears. Why was this thing so loud? Once the timer was done, I take out the food and sit at the table to eat. As I munch on the food, I couldn't stop thinking about what happened yesterday. Ruv was somewhat being nice all of a sudden. But why? I finish the rest of the food and put the saucer in the sink. I pick up my phone and turn on the flashlight again as I make my way into the church. Sarvente was right. It was cold at night.

I trail the flashlight on the pillar, and then the huge, pink cross at the front. I shine the flashlight over to the pews, but I suddenly see a large, shadowed figure laying in one of the pews. And then I realized... it was Ruv. He was sleeping peacefully. I slowly make my way closer to him, careful not to make a sound. Why was he sleeping here? Couldn't he sleep in the living room couch? Wasn't he cold? He had no blanket! I turn off the flashlight and sigh as I stare at him.

"I know you probably can't hear me..." I whisper as I stare at where his face would be. "But thanks for putting me on your side of the bed, if you did. I'm not sure if you're the one who put me there, but still, thank you." I smile softly. Suddenly...

"You're welcome, I guess..."

I jump and quickly turn on my flashlight and point it towards Ruv. He was awake?! He squints his eye from the light.

"Can you turn off that damn thing?" he snarls.

I giggle nervously, "S-Sorry...!" I quickly shut off the flashlight. It was still dark, but I could see his face just fine. He relaxes his expression. "Um, Ruv? Why're you still awake?"

"I should be asking you that," Ruv says, looking away. I glance all around, looking for an answer.

"I mean, I technically fell asleep at five yesterday... so..." I explain. "Anyway, why're you sleeping here?"

"It's more comfy than the stupid couch in the living room," he replies. "Plus, I'm not even gonna sleep next to you."

I frown a bit, but then nod in understanding. "Also, why'd you move me from my sleeping bag to your side of the bed? You could've just left me there, you know."

Ruv shrugs, "First of all, I'm not comfortable with sleeping in the same room as you. Second, might as well remove you from that hard, cold floor."

I glare at him. "I'm sorry, you won't sleep in the same room as me? You really don't trust me at all?"

"Not really," he says plainly. I slouch my shoulders.

"Also, why're you awake? Haven't you slept yet?" I ask.

"I fell asleep when you did. When I woke up, I tried to sleep again, but I heard you and the darn microwave," he responds. I anxiously giggle and sit down next to his feet. I stayed silent and looked away. Yet again, another awkward moment. I look around the dark church again. The only light I saw was the moonlight coming from the large glass windows. I wrap my arms around myself and shiver.

"W-Why is it s-so cold in h-here?" I chatter my teeth. Ruv seems to be ignoring me. I turn to him. "Can I b-borrow your j-jacket?"

He sits up and glares at me. "No."

"W-Why not?"

"Because... no."

"But... w-why?"

"I don't want to."

"But I-I'm cold!"

"Then suffer."

"UGH! Come on!" I scowl. Ruv ignores me. Again. I stand up and cross my arms. "Fine! I'm getting a blanket myself!" I slowly walk into the shadows. I keep going. Suddenly...

BAM!

"OUCH!" I yelp as I rub my forehead and nose. Suddenly, I hear Ruv chuckling behind me.

"Moron. You ran into the pillar," he says fiendishly. I growl and turn to face him.

"I can't see, okay?!" I yell, making my voice echo throughout the church.

"Just come sit back here, nitwit. You're never gonna find the hidden home," Ruv teases in a stern voice.

"Couldn't you at least help me?" I groan.

"No can do."

"I-" I then sigh in defeat and make my way back to Ruv. I glare at him as he stares at me with a cold look. I sit back down next to his feet and pout. I glance at him, noticing his legs were bent. I hesitate, but then wrap my arms around his leg. He flinches and sits up. I then tightly hug his shin for warmth.

"What're you doing?" he asks, raising his voice.

"Trying to get warm," I shrug.

"If you think hugging my leg is gonna help you, you're wrong," Ruv scoffs. "Now give me some space." Using his free foot, he roughly shoves me off his leg, almost knocking me off the pew. I glare at him as Ruv lays back down. I sigh, scooting my way to the far side of the pew, and curl up in a ball as cold air imprisoned me. That was it. Ruv's never gonna trust me. My forehead started to throb as fatigue took over, making my eyelids slowly close.

Once my vision was black, I felt Ruv get up and scoot closer to me. I then feel a warm cover drape over me, causing my body to relax. I feel Ruv placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Простите," he mumbles.