thirty four - "Say cheese!"

W I L L O W

W I L L O W

It had been a week since I saw that man Victor and Ryan. I would be lying if I said that I hadn't been watching my back more than usual. I've watched too many mafia series and movies and I know that if there's a witness, you have to get rid of them and everyone they have been in contact with since the incident.

"Did Elijah call you too?" Ruby asked as she sat down next to me on the bench.

"Yes, he told me that he invited you,me,Cody and Gray to meet someone," I said and took a bite of my apple, "Oh and Samantha couldn't come," I continued.

"Good, I can't stand her"

"Oh, come on Rubs, she has her own problems"

"My god, this I always try to see the good in people personality will be the end of you" she joked and I joined her.

You have no idea.

"I'm so excited for tonight though, I wonder who the person is?" I asked and she looked deep in thought about it too.

"Maybe it's a girlfriend?" she said and I nodded.

"How did the test go for you?" she asked and I got nervous again.

"I haven't gotten the results back yet, I think we'll get them this lesson. But it felt like it went pretty good while handing it in and well during the test too"

"It went shit for me and Cody, because we didn't study at all" she said and looked sad about it.

"You'll do better on the next test" I comforted her and she nodded.

"Yeah, I have to do better on the next test or my folks will literally get so mad" she stressed and I felt bad.

"Well, me and Gray studied so next time you can join us and we'll try to help each other as much as we can" I said and gave her a side hug and tickled her side to make her laugh.

"You're such a good friend" Ruby said just as the bell started ringing.

"You're such a good friend too, Rubs. I'm glad that I've gotten to know you" I told her as we walked into our next and last lesson: Physics.

I hope it went well on the test or I'll be really disappointed in myself.

***

I got an A on the test and I couldn't be happier right now. Things are actually going great for me for once but there's a big piece missing and I can't wait until I get to see that big piece again.

It has been a little more than a week since Sargent had left and no one has heard of him since then. I don't want to worry much but I just want to hear his voice and know that he's alright and has made it without having an episode since he was so upset with his mom's unnecessary behaviour.