Season 1 ~ The Party

"One! Two! Three!"

"Stop it," Carol screeched as she gripped Tommy's shoulders. "Tommy, no! Don't!"

Sitting in a pool chair, I raised an eyebrow watching Tommy pick up Carol, trying to toss her into Steve's pool.

"You're such an asshole Tommy!" Carol says, giggling, as he set her down to the ground she pushed his chest lightly.

As I reached over and grab a beer for me to drink, seeing as it was going to be a long night, Steve walks out of the house with a beer can of his own, cutting a hole on the bottom and swiftly begins to down it.

Tommy and Carol cheer as he chugs it, dropping the beer can by the pool, loudly exhaling as he plops into the lounging chair next to my seat, smiling up at me.

"Is that supposed to impress me?" Nancy piped up.

"You're not?" Steve asked, a dumbfounded look on his face.

"You are a cliché, you do realize that?" Nancy retorted with a smirk.

"You are a cliché." Steve says, lighting the cigarette that was dangling from between his lips. "What with your... your grades and your band practice."

"I am so not in band." Nancy scoffs, rolling her eyes.

"Okay, party girl." Steve quips, lighting his cigarette and holding a small knife in front of Nancy. "Why don't you just, uh, show us how it's done."

"Okay." She smiles, grabbing a beer and the knife.

As she stood up, I made eye contact with Barb, rolling her eyes she looked down at the ground as I focus my attention back on the little group in front of me.

"You gotta make a little hole right in—" Steve says.

"I got it." She smirks, shrugging her shoulders.

"Yeah," Tommy shouts, his arm wrapped around Carol as he crushes a beer can on the side of his head, chucking it to the ground as it lands at the edge of the pool. "she's smart, you douche!"

Nancy cuts the bottom of the beer can, pulling the part she had cut up to her lips, chugging the alcohol inside.

"Chug," Steve chants, holding up a small canteen. "chug, chug."

Tommy and Carol join in, egging her on to chug as I let out an eye roll, looking down at the pool.

Steve had noticed my sad demeanor, turning to face me as his friends kept changing.

"Hey, Henderson," He asks, raising an eyebrow. "you okay?"

"Yeah," I whisper. "I'm fine. Just tired, that's all."

"Okay." Steve shrugged, turning back around and whooping once Nancy had dropped the can into the concrete, holding her hands up and doing small bows for the group in front of her.

"Barb," She asks. "you wanna try?"

"What?" Barb asks, her eyes widening like saucers. "No."

Nancy simply ignores her, grabbing a beer can from the cooler nearby.

"No, I don't want to. Thanks." Barb denies with a small smile.

"Come on." Nancy raises a brow.

"Yeah..." Steve encourages as I slap him in the head. "Come on. Yeah."