Season 4 ~ The Library

"Okay," Robin says as we climb out of the car. "Help me get this straight. Eddie's uncle, Wayne, thinks that Victor Creel escaped from Pennhurst Asylum and that he's the one running around Hawkins committing these murders?"

Nancy nodded quickly, looking over at Robin. "Pretty much."

"But Victor committed the eyeball murders, like, way back in the 50's." I say.

"Well," Nancy said, shaking her head. "'59."

"So," Robin says, raising her eyebrows. "that means the murders predate Eleven and the Upside down by about 30 years?"

"Yeah." Nancy said simply.

Robin makes her way next to me as I stand between her and Nancy, Robin leaning against the counter. "Which makes spooky Victor Creel like 70 years old."

Nancy let's our a quiet huff under her breath as she rings the bell to get the librarian's attention. "Yup."

"So," I shrug. "he's a grandpa murderer who can turn invisible and lift people into the air."

"It doesn't make sense." Nancy says, looking over at me. "I know. Something about this whole thing is off, that's why I said it was a shot in the dark."

"I know," Robin pipes in. "I just thought that by "shot in the dark" you were being modest or hiding something super solid up your sleeve that you were gonna wow us with later. But this is really, truly a shot in the dark. Like, we are snipers with blindfolds on who've been spun around fifty times."

Nancy huffs loudly, reaching over and ringing the bell rapidly as Robin and I look at her with a blank stare.

"Coming!" The librarian says, carrying a stack of books under her arm as she makes her way to the front desk.

"Hi, sorry," Nancy says, smiling lightly at the lady. "we're in a bit of a rush. Could we get the keys to the basement archives?"

"Of course, girls." She smiles. "Give me one sec."

She picks up her glasses, placing them on her face as she makes her way out of the room, Robin turning to face us, directing her attention to Nancy.

"Did I come off as mean or condescending or something?" Robin asks quickly.

"No." Nancy nods, turning her focus back to the front desk.

"Right." Robin nodded. "Sorry. It's just, you seem annoyed. You don't know me very well. I don't really have a filter or a strong grasp of social cues. So if I say something that upsets you, Just know that it's a flaw. Believe me, my mother reminds me daily."

"Got it." Nancy nods as the librarian makes her way up front again.

"All right, ladies." She says holding the keys up in front of me. "Here you go. Have fun."

Grabbing the keys from her, I pull my lips into a thin line as I nod at her before looking between Nancy and Robin. "Yeah. We'll try."

Walking down to the basement, we pull any and every newspaper article on Victor Creel that we could find, once we read through them, we all got the same response - nothing.

I grabbed a new Newspaper as Robin and Nancy kept reading theirs, I plop down next to Robin once I grabbed a new one, beginning to read it.

"Anything juicy over there?" Robin piped up.

"Nothing new." Nancy huffs.