Season 1 ~ The Demogorgon

Dropping all the cardboard boxes onto the of the Byers home, the first thing I notice was the christmas lights placed all over the ceiling, lighting up each corner of the house.

Sending them a nod, Nancy, Jonathan and I get straight to work as we get ready to take down the Demogorgon.

Carefully, the three of us unscrew each lightbulb that was attached to the ceiling, making sure to leave a few in, the house getting darker once we finished.

Making my way into Will's room, I set up a yo-yo, strategically placing it on a chair, making sure it didn't move.

Grabbing my handgun and a box of bullets, I begin to add them in, clicking the gun once they were fully in place.

Jonathan walks over to me and hands me a sharp knife, walking into the middle of the living room, Nancy was already standing there, knife in hand.

"Remember..." Jonathan sighs, looking between us.

"Straight into Will's room. And—" Nancy says, raising an eyebrow.

"Don't step on the trap." I interrupt, nodding my head.

"Wait for the yo-yo to move." Nancy whispers.

"Then..." Jonathan says, holding up a lighter.

Nancy and I nod slowly, understanding the final plan.

"All right." Jonathan sighs, looking at me then Nancy. "You guys ready?"

"Ready." We say in unison, nodding our heads.

"On three," He sighs.

"One..."

"Two..." Nancy says.

"You guys don't have to do this—" Jonathan nervously says, looking between us.

"Jonathan, stop talking." Nancy says.

"I'm just saying—" He sighs.

"Three." I say, interrupting the two as we slice our hands.
===
As I was washing my hands, I clean up my cut, placing a bandage around it, looking up into the mirror at myself, Realizing it had been a very long day, not only for me but for everyone around me too, but it was far from over for any of us.

As I walked out of the bathroom, a sharp knock at the door pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Jonathan!" The familiar voice of Steve screams. "Are you there man, it's Steve!"

"What's he doing here?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

They both shrug their shoulders, Nancy continuing to wrap Jonathan's hand in a bandage.

"Listen I just wanna talk." Steve says, knowing once more.

Walking over to the front door, I swing it open, seeing Steve, his face covered in bruises and a concerned look on his face.

"Steve," I say, shaking my head. "Listen to me."

"Hey. (Y/n), what—" He stutters, trying to make his way inside.

"You need to leave." I demand, looking at him.

"I'm not trying to start anything, okay?" Steve sighs.

"I don't care about that." I tell him sternly, narrowing my eyebrows. "You need to leave."

"No, no, no. Listen, I messed up, okay?" Steve hits the door lightly. "I messed... I messed up."

"I just want to make things right."

I sigh and look into his eyes for any sign sincerity, sure enough, it was there.