Season 2 ~ Snowball '84

One Month Later

"Son of a bitch. Son of a bitch!" I hear Dustin mutter as he paces around the house.

Placing on a layer of lipstick, I get myself ready to chaperone the Snowball dance with my boyfriend, Steve Harrington.

After comforting him at Barb's funeral, Dustin invited us to chaperone the dance to get our minds off of everything that has happened over the last few months.

Smoothing down my simple red dress, I make my way out of the bathroom and into the living room, seeing my mom sit in her usual chair as she strokes the head of her new cat.

"Hey mom?" I ask. "Can I borrow your car?"

"Sure honey." She nods, pulling the keys from her pocket. "What for?"

"I'm taking Max to the dance." I nod, grabbing the keys from her as she held them out.

"Where did you see it last?" Mom asks Dustin as he makes his way to the kitchen.

"Right here." He says, rummaging through items on the counter. "Where I put it."

"What's in there that's so important anyway?"

"Oh just his fa—" I giggle, smirking at Dustin.

"Don't you have someone to go pick up, Henderson?" He asks me, interrupting my teasing.

"Alright fine." I say, walking to the front door and grabbing my coat. "I'll see you soon, Dustin."

"Yeah whatever." He grumbles, pulling out a cereal box.
===
Driving up to Max's house, I make my way to the front door only to be greeted by a Max who was wearing a light blue robe, her pajamas underneath.

"You're not ready yet?" I ask with a smile, raising my eyebrow.

"I need your help." She says sheepishly, looking at the ground.

"Well," I nod, placing the car keys into my purse and looking up at her. "why are we still standing here?"

Happily, she widens the door, ushering me inside as I remove my coat and black flats, placing them carefully to the side, following Max down the hall.

Leading me to her room, I see her skateboard laying flat on her bed, knowing she probably went to skate earlier, hence her not being dressed.

Walking over to her closet, I pull out a pair of pink pants, she narrows her eyes, snatching them from my hands and holds them up to observe them.

"Actually," She whispers. "I kinda like them. And I have a sweater to match."

"Well," I laugh as she paces across the room and rips the sweater off the hanger, holding it up. "you have your outfit, Madmax."

She smiles, walking into the bathroom and changes. Looking at her desk, I see a small. brush, grabbing it, I knock lightly on the bathroom door. Opening the door she reveals herself in a dark blue sweater and the pink pants I chose for her.

"You look amazing." I smile, brushing her shoulder. "Now let's do your hair, kid."

Groaning, she pulls a chair into the bathroom and plops in front of the mirror. Pulling three strands of hair, I begin to braid her hair, tugging it to the side lightly before grabbing a hair clip and placing it in her hair.

"Ow, ow." She winced. "That hurts."

"Sorry." I say, placing the clip down. "Almost done."

Looking through the mirror, Billy stands in the doorway, munching on a cookie while looking at Max and I. Shooting him a glare, Max turns her head around as I add in the last clip.