Season 2 ~ Mad Max

"Son of a bitch! Son of a bitch!" I heard Dustin yell from the other room.

Sitting up from my spot on the couch, where I was previously laying down, wrapped up in a blanket from my room, to see Dustin had demolished the yellow couch, scrounging around for extra change to go to the arcade with the party tonight, as he runs over into the room my mom and I were watching TV in.

"A police chase rocked downtown Pittsburgh earlier this evening..."

Dustin rushes over to the couch where I was lounging on and motions me to get up. I bring the blanket up with me and wrapped it tightly around my shoulders, focusing on the TV and what was playing on it.

"Another stupid penny!" Dustin says, throwing the penny across the room, almost hitting me with the coin as it clatters lightly on the floor.

"Dusty," My mom says, petting her cat. "watch it! You almost hit Mews."

"And me." I grumble, just wanting to lay back down.

"Can I please check under your cushions?"

"Dusty." Mom groans, patting Mews.

"Mom, please?" Dustin groans. "It's an emergency."

"It's fine." I pipe up. "I can give you some extra cash."

"Thank you, sis." Dustin said, kissing my cheek and running out the room to radio his friends.

"Can you go with him to the arcade?" My mom asks as I plop onto the couch, rolling my eyes, just wanting to stay home and lie down.

"Fine." I give in going into my room to change and get Dustin his extra cash.

Placing on a jacket, I grab four quarters to give to Dustin.

Walking out of my room, I make my way next door, knocking three times before I reach down to the knob, seeing the door was open.

Making my way into his small room, I see Dustin plop onto his bed, gesturing me to come in further.

"Here." I say, sticking my hand out, the quarters resting in my palm.

"Thanks, sis." Dustin says, snatching them from my hand as he clicks on the radio.

"Lucas, you copy?" He asks. "I've got four quarters. What's your haul?"

"Take your puny haul and multiply it by five." Lucas retorts.

"How?" Dustin asks, a dumbfounded look plastered on his face.

"While you were scrounging around like a homeless bum," Lucas quips, his voice echoing through the room. "I mowed Old Man Humphrey's lawn."

"Old Man Humphrey's got that kinda cash?" I whisper, looking at Dustin as he simply shrugs.

"Call Mike already." Lucas demands.

"You call Mike." Dustin retorts, shaking his head.

"I have to go take a shower from doing real work, like a man." Lucas says, irritation evident in his voice. "Over and out."

"All right," I say, brushing off my pants as I stood up. "you ready to go?"

"Hold on." He says, holding up a finger as he clicks on the radio. "Mike, do you copy? Mike, do you copy?"

"Yeah." Mike says, nervously. "Yeah, I copy."

"What the hell are you doing on this channel?" Dustin asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Nothing." Mike denies.

"Well," He says, shaking his head. "Lucas and I have six bucks total. What's your haul?"