Season 4 ~ Delivery Service

"You think this is enough food?" Dustin asked from the back seat as we made our way to Eddie the next morning.

"It's more than enough food, Dustin." Robin replied, rummaging through the bags of food we had bought.

Steve parked his car in the driveway, shutting it off, he turned to face the four of us. "He's a little on edge from yesterday, so whatever we tell him, try not to scare him with it."

"Eddie needs to know the truth, Steve." I say, looking him in the eyes. "Even if it scares him."

"Yeah. You're right." Steve nodded, before gesturing everyone out of the car.

The five of us make our way to the back of Reefer Ricks house where the shed was, pushing the door open, a smile on all our faces.

"Jesus..." Eddie exclaimed, holding up his bottle, turning to face us,

"Delivery service." Dustin smiled, holding up the bag of food as Steve waved at Eddie.

Dustin and Robin handed the bags to Eddie as he sat down at the edge of the boat, pulling out a box of cereal and a bottle of chocolate milk.

"So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news." Dustin begins as Eddie reaches into the box and shovels down the cereal. "How do you prefer it?"

"Bad news first, always." Eddie said, his mouth full of food as he pulled up the bottle to his lips.

"All right," Dustin says. "bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy."

"Like, one hundred percent kind of convinced." Max pipes in.

"And the good news?" He asks, looking at the five of us.

"Your name hasn't gone public yet." Robin says. "But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do."

"And once that gets out," I continue. "everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you."

"Hunt the freak, right?" He asks, looking up at me.

"Exactly." I nod, pulling my lips into a thin line.

"Shit." Eddie mutters.

"So, before that happens," Dustin pipes in, a hopeful tone in his voice. "we find Vecna, kill him, and then prove your innocence."

"That's all, Dustin?" Eddie snaps, glaring at the boy. "That's all?"

"Yeah, no, that's pretty much it."

"Listen, Eddie," I say, walking over to him. "I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this kind of thing before before."

"Yeah," Robin says, making her way next to me. "I mean, they have a... a few times, and... and I have once. Mine was more human-flesh-based, theirs was more smoke-related, but bottom line is, collectively, I really feel like we got this."

"We usually rely on this girl who has super powers." Steve says, causing Eddie to look over at him. "But, uh, those went bye-bye, so..."

"So we're technically in more of the-" I say.

"Kinda..." Steve continues.

"Brainstorming phase." Max concludes.

"Brainstorming." Steve says, snapping his fingers and pointing at Max with a smile on his face.

"There... There's nothing to worry about." Dustin splutters.

Steve and Dustin share a smile, trying to keep Eddie calm, the sounds of sirens pulling them out of their trance, as we all snap our heads to look towards the sound.