•chapter 43•

~blood~

"I couldn't sleep... nightmares" I said hiding the blood on my night dress with my jumper.

"Same" he mumbled.

I was hoping that he didn't notice any blood on me or hear what I was saying previously. I don't think I was that loud, but it stopped the voices from taunting me... for now anyway.

"You've been acting strange the past few days..." he said not taking his eyes off of the view.

"I'm surprised you noticed" I said dryly. "I'm fine"

"I notice everything... and I wasnt asking I was simply stating a fact" he said as if I accused him of caring, I know better than that. he doesn't care, no body does.

'Suck it up'

'Go cry about it'

I sighed realising they were back, the voices. They have always been with me ever since I got kidnapped. They'd keep me company in the dungeon by that i mean they would tell me I deserved everything that happened to me.

Should I call them voices? I sound crazy they're more like intrusive thoughts.

I snapped myself out of my thoughts.

"Well I'm going back to my dorm... goodnight Draco" I said but it came out as a whisper.

"Wait..." before I can walk away from him, he grabs my hand. His eyes scanned my hip and the blood dots that were all over my nightdress, where the jumper didn't cover.

"What the fuck happened?" He says giving me a shocked yet sympathetic look.

"Nothing" i mumble trying to think of an excuse.

"Bullshit, you're fucking bleeding" he said a little more aggressive, stepping closer to me.

"I ripped open some stitched okay it's nothing..." I lied that was the only excuse I could think of... I just hoped he didn't ask about it.

"You're lying-" I cut him off with a sigh.

"No I'm not" I said looking at the floor.

"why wont you make eye contact with me then? You do that when you're lying-" he said.

He shocked me at how he noticed the smallest thing about me.

He was about to grab my face to make me look at him, but I flinched away.

"I'm sorry" I quickly said stumbling away from me. I don't know why but for a second I thought he was going to hurt me...

"I'm not going to hurt you, why the fuck are you so jumpy"

"I'm tired, can you just leave it?" I asked feeling tears resting on my waterline. I looked away for a second to hold them back from falling. When I had sorted myself out I looked back into his grey eyes.

"Okay, goodnight Ariel" he said and kissed my forehead.

He said my name, i hadn't heard him say my name in a long time. I'd be lying if I said it didn't make my heart flutter.

I walked away, down the spiral stairs and back to my dorm.

I respected him for not making me spill my secrets even though he wanted to force it out of me. He didn't.

I shut my door carefully. the room was silent, only the little sniffles and quiet breaths coming from Pansy and Rose every few minutes.

I jumped slightly when the door made a little click, trying my best not to wake them up. I felt my eyes get heavier, I slowly melted into my bed.

Just before I fell into a deep slumber I replayed the kiss in my head. Then I fell asleep thinking about draco and the small gesture of affection that he showed me.

He cared, he'd never admit it but he did. Draco never shows affection to anyone... why was I an exception? Maybe he just pitied me.

"Hey sleeping beauty! Wake up or I might have to get Luke to tip water over you again" I heard the sweet voice say.

"Huh?" I sat up and stretched, I was so confused. I actually slept through the night. I usually keep falling into the same nightmare until I just have to tolerate it.

I felt like I just got into bed, not in a bad way the night just seemed to go fast with my mind shut off from nightmares.

"Awh there she is, how'd you sleep love?" Rose asks while buttoning her shirt.

"Actually it was quite good, how about you" I asked.

"Same" rose replied.

"I slept like a baby, we woke you up earlier so you have time for a shower if you want one" pansy smiled.

"Oh so I don't have to tackle you both today?" I laughed.

They rolled their eyes, last time we were here pansy and Rose were fighting over the shower and I practically rugby tackled them to go first because they were taking to long.

"Ha, ha very funny now go shower before I tackle you this time" Rose said and with that I grabbed my uniform and ran into the bathroom.

In the shower I washed off all of the dry blood from my hip, it stung but also felt nice. When I got out I cleaned my close with a spell so that they were as good as new. I put a big square plaster over my hip incase it bled or ripped open in class.

I got changed into my uniform and some thick black socks that covered just over my knees and some doc martin boots
. It was getting cold, since it was August, so I put my robe on.

We left for the hall, when we got there we walked into a very strange conversation.

"So kiss, marry, kill... professor Mcgonagall, moaning Myrtle and Umbridge" Blaise giggles.

"Kill Umbridge of corse... kiss moaning myrtle and marry Mcgonagall" Alex replied to which we all laughed.

"You guys have issues" I mumbled as I took a seat next to Luke. He placed his arm around me as I began to eat some berries.

I noticed draco was sitting in front of me staring at me, I looked up at him through my eyelashes and gave him a quick smile.

"Right how about you Ariel? Kiss, marry kill... Lucius Malfoy, snape and Barty Crouch jr." Blaise asked.

"Not my uncle" Alex said in disgust.

"And my dad really?" Draco scoffed.

Luke wasn't really listening but he seemed to be in a good mood... but it always starts like that then he snaps.

"Hmm that's a hard one... but I'd have to kill snape... kiss Lucius and marry crouch" I smirked.

"Ew that's my dad" Luke gagged.

"Sorry your dads hot... but you're hotter don't worry" I whispered the last bit so only he could hear.

I regretted playing this stupid game. I had to be careful around him.

"Wow how are you gonna do that to daddy snape?" Pansy laughed.

"I still love snape don't get me wrong it was a close call" I smirked.

"Malfoys are irresistible isn't that so Ariel?" Draco said cheekily.

I just rolled my eyes hoping Luke didn't hear him.

"Ahh we're having a party tonight, ravenclaw common room were gonna play extreme truth or dare" Blaise said excitedly like a little kid.

I looked at Luke and he nodded. "We'll be there" I said after getting his approval.

______________________________________

A/n: hey darlings :)

What do you think of this? I thought I'd give you this one a bit earlier because I left the last one on a cliff hanger. Anyways don't forget to vote or something ion... ily all 🥰🖤