Back Home, Except...

Louis: Hey Murasame, could you fix our stuff up?

Louis and (Y/N) carried the group's equipment to the counter, placing the items down so their quartermaster could examine the "modest" damage it suffered. Rin takes a long look at the first item, Louis' sword, and her face slowly contorts into a frown as she looks at the dulled blade.

Rin: Yikes. All this from a hiking trip? Sure thing, I'll have it ready by tomorrow.

At the very end of her sentence, Rin lets a yawn escape. She's polite enough to cover her mouth... that is, cover the mask covering her mouth, she never took it off for some reason or another even when there wasn't any miasma to affect her.

Louis: You sound tired. Something happen this night?

Rin: I stayed up all night finishing Dammerung so Io could use it. It took me quite a while to take apart that black saber and tinker with the gift trigger until I figured out how to make it work.

(Y/N): Wait. I don't remember agreeing to you taking my sword apart.

Rin only gives him a shrug and a shaking head as she explains her reasoning.

Rin: That's because you didn't, silly. You were asleep, and unconscious people can't consent.

(Y/N): I feel like I should be blowing a whistle right now, but you're the underage one. Anyways, how about I give you a hand with the repairs and you teach me about those gifts triggers?

Rin: Sure... are you guys done with him for the day?

Louis: I guess we'll be done with him for a while now. Our deal is already overdue, and we foud who we were looking for up there.

Rin: Well, that explains it...

The two men look at the girl in confusion, wondering what she meant by that. Seeing how they were a bit lost, Rin starts talking again.

Rin: It's just that you all look so happy. Especially Mia, so I guessed something good had happened.

The three of them look back to the entrance where Luca, Mia, Yakumo and Io stood, talking about something and laughing at their own jokes. Considering everything that could have happened, this had been a very good day for everyone involved.

Except all of the lost that were in the mountain, but we don't count those.

Wanting to get her work done, and with the ulterior motive of her curiosity, Rin breaks the silent moment of creepily staring at their party members from a distance.

Rin: So, why don't I take our soon to be gone guest and fix your stuff while he tells me e~very little detail?

(Y/N): Sure thing.

He answers lugging the rest of the beaten items into the vault/storage/workshop/Rin's bedroom (I assume) so they could get to work.

(Y/N): So it all started when we found this lost that was a bit too handsy. Also covered in explosives, but that's not too important...

And the two walk into the space, leaving Louis behind to distract himself with other things. That would be a problem though...

Louis was caught up on all the leisure reading he had, or at least until the latest volumes they had found, and even he was too tired to do his research right now. It was rare for that to happen, but the team's Brainiac wasn't in the mood to chase his next scientific breakthrough after the rough day he had, and he had really nothing else productive to do.

He was truly at a loss, until it struck him.

Or more accurately, the counter right in front of him. An old magazine was slapped right on the glass counter, breaking him from both the trance and boredom as he looked down at it. And that made him very excited, or at least as excited as Louis could get at any given moment.