It's all Fun and Games

(Y/N)'s POV

After a dreamless night of sleep, I decide to just lay on the couch for a bit longer with my eyes closed. It doesn't sound like there's anyone around yet this early in the morning and I have nothing to do while I wait for the others to come back.

A couple minutes pass and I hear a lone pair of footsteps in the lobby, soon stopping nearby and—

*THUD*

(Y/N): What the...

???: Sorry, my hammer slipped.

I look around the couches and chairs to find Oliver sitting down on one of the more comfortable looking ones, his hammer fallen to his side on the ground.

(Y/N): Ah, you're back. What about the others?

Oliver: How would I know? I was about to ask you the same thing.

(Y/N): Wait, what?

It takes me a second to process what he said, but when it finally hit me my eyes went wide with the realization...

Oliver: I overslept yesterday, and by the time I woke up...

We left him home alone. I almost can't believe we forgot a whole person!

There is a brief silence between us, a very awkward one at that.

(Y/N): I'm... sorry?

Oliver: Don't worry about it, I heard how Luca dragged you through the mistle. It was surprising to say the least.

(Y/N): You're telling me? I didn't even know mistles did that, let alone transport humans too.

Oliver: When I woke up, I heard all about it from Murasame. So I drank some and left in a hurry to catch up to you guys.

At least that explains how I didn't bump into him yesterday.

(Y/N): And here I though you were sleeping safe and sound.

I catch him up on our progress and what happened during the expedition, Io joining in mid explanation once she woke up to listen to the full story.

Oliver: You were attacked by a giant nightmare-butterfly, held hostage by a scared human woman who was instigated by none other than yourself, which you brought here for safety. On top of all that, you really expect me to believe a revenant walked up to your face and didn't realize you're human?

He stares at me with those green eyes in an almost accusing fashion. I simply chuckle at that and brush off his doubts with two simple words.

(Y/N): Crazy right?

Oliver can't help but laugh with me at that. Io on the other hand is a much tougher customer, and keeps her almost icy stare before voicing her concern.

Io: Do you think that revenant will hunt her?

Her question brings the air around us to a much drier, serious state. After a second pondering on what she said and how I last saw the man, I clear my throat and give her an answer that somehow worries more than assures me.

(Y/N): I don't think so. Louis somehow scared his second life out of him.

Oliver: If Louis really is THE crimson sword, then I doubt that guy is coming back.

According to Oliver, the story goes that Louis was some badass with no problems with beating the shit out of whoever, so skilled that he got a cute nickname in the streets. "The Crimson Sword", an alias based on his weapon of choice.