Down the Rabbit's... Pit?

The gang was gathered in the lounge after a relaxing soak in the hot springs, filling in their stubborn and frail companion on their previous adventure. The events that transpired were very normal by today's standards, with the exception of an odd occurrence after finding a blood spring.

(Y/N): The Hunter? What kind of fairy tale villain name is that?

Yakumo: You're telling me you haven't heard of him?

(Y/N): Nope.

Louis: He's an urban legend, or was until we saw him in the flesh. A revenant that hunts down other revenants and kills them on a seemingly random basis. He was there at the odd structure at the end of the trenches, with a woman and a body turning to ash.

Luca: He also disappears in a red mist, like a magician.

(Y/N): So he popped up out of nowhere, killed someone and then just... "poof", gone?

Yakumo: It was more like "woosh", gone. But yes, that's the gist of it.

(Y/N) was looking at the songs in the jukebox, going by the names none of them were really popular at the time. That deduction came from the fact that he recognized none of them, and the six songs came from two different artists like it belonged to some niche collector.

(Y/N): Okay, weird. You think Mr. Boogeyman is going to be a problem for us during the expeditions?

Louis: It's hard to tell, but the chances of us being attacked are slimmer if we're in a group. We just need to play to our strengths.

(Y/N): Hmm...

Luca: Anyhow, where are we going next?

Yakumo: We're going to a place called the Howling Pit. It's down a hole we passed in the city center, it's flooded with nasty water filled with lost, and there's a cool oil rig down there somehow. There's a couple of elevated platforms, on one of them is the spring we're looki—

Yakumo is cut off by a loud "Yeah!", accompanied by a catchy rock melody coming from the jukebox.

(Y/N): My bad, I accidentally hit a button. But why is it called the "Howling Pit"?

Yakumo begins laughing in a very sinister manner, he gets up from his seat and puts his hands on (Y/N)'s shoulders.

Yakumo: Because, my dear (Y/N), that place is filled with the agonizing howls of all the revenants that tried to gather from that spring. The way they died was so painful and filled them with so much resentment that they never turned to ash, instead taking the hideous form of a towering be—

Louis: The large lost there howl a  lot when they fight, and it's a pit.

Yakumo: Good grief man, I was going to scare him off with a ghost story.

(Y/N): I promise I'll listen to it on halloween, but for now lets focus on getting to that spring and tracking the bead flow. I'll go gather my supplies.

(Y/N) leaves for his room, completely forgetting that he was sleeping in the couch and his things were right beside him all the time.

Yakumo: Tch, that was a good story too...

Louis: I'm sure it was.

Yakumo: ...

Louis: ...

Luca: ...

Yakumo: So, they never turnied to ash, instead taking the...

Luca: I have to sort my blood codes.