The day of spooks

[Disclaimer] Not all of the costumes are "lore friendly", per se, because having everyone dressed up as a generic lost is lame as shit and I can only think of so many monsters for their personalities. Except the successors, for them simple is best.

As the seasons went by, the weather quickly changed from the pleasant summer warmth.

The temperatures dropping just enough to be perfect, the rain coming more often but in ever shortening duration, and most of all the beauty of the changing leaves. After all that happened these changes were welcome indeed to the residents of the Gaol of the Mists.

This artistical, natural process has been going on for a while now, and the day has come to light campfires, dress up and ward yourself against ghosts and spirits. Or that was the original meaning of this day a long, long time ago... much longer than the collapse itself.

(Y/N): I appreciate it, but you really didn't have to tag along for shopping. Could have just dropped by the church later.

Currently, (Y/N) was heading back to base after spending a good portion of the day going about different shelters and shopping with Davis. Half way through the item list they bumped into a friend...

Alice: I'd feel bad if I just showed up to mooch off of you guys. Besides, shopping is fun in a group. Even though this group is rather...

The woman takes a long look at the men's faces, the always stoic Davis and the mostly tired (Y/N).

Alice: Serious...

(Y/N): Please quit mincing words, it makes things worse.

Davis: I agree, it's more hurtful like that. We know we're boring shoppers so please be honest.

Alice: Being called boring is usually an insult you know?

(Y/N): Not as insulting as having people thinking what to call you.

As they approached their destination and the conversation continued, the group grew excited and sped up the hill towards their "large house". What better place to be during the spookiest holiday than a decrepit hilltop church overlooking a ruined town filled to the brim with frenzying "undead" beings?

The answer is actually plenty of them. Home base wasn't particularly frightening, thanks to being refitted into a living, researching and trading center for one of the most rag tag groups remaining there, but it was the scariest place where our revenants and humans could party without uninvited guests (of the lost variety) popping up.

But none of that mattered. And the shoppers were about to be reminded why as they approached the double doors, decorated with fake lost heads wearing broken masks, and could hear the talking inside.

Alice: Wait... how many people are there?

(Y/N) and Davis stare at her and only manage to deliver  a single sound in unison.

Both: Uhhh...

Alice: You don't know?

Davis: Some people didn't confirm whether they're coming or not, but at least ten.

(Y/N): Hope you brought your costume and regret calling us boring.

Alice: BUT I DIDN'T—

(Y/N): Shush. Because tonight...

Davis pushes the doors open with an eerie creak, revealing the church with most of its facilities closed or, in the case of Coco's car, somehow moved outside. The bar is illuminated by a bright red light and Coco acts as a bartender, opposite to her are Yakumo, Emily, Jack and Aurora. Of course already drinking.