Finally, a break

(Y/N)'s POV

When my vision returns, I am sitting in the same position as I was before going to the echo. Immediately, the stranger gasps and takes a knee as if recovering from shock.

RS: What the hell was that?

At least it sounds like shock...

Girl in white: It was a memory, carved into that vestige by the one who left it behind.

RS: I didn't expect that I'd get dragged into it too.

(Y/N): That's two of us.

Oliver: Make that three...

Looking over to Luca she is silent, but also has a bewildered look on her face.

Girl in white: We all melted into you.

(Y/N): That's an unsettling way to put it.

RS: I can't believe this. What a power.

Oliver: To be able to touch vestiges. Not only that, but also see the memories inside.

(Y/N): So she is a big deal after all...

RS: Come with me.

The stranger says as he gets up.

RS: I know a spot where we can rest.

He also does what could very well be the number one sign of trust (or desperation) among revenants, he takes off his mask to speak despite all the miasma around.

RS: I am Louis. I'm researching blood beads.

Offering his hand to help Luca up on her feet, he completes his introduction.

Louis: Nice to meet you.

Luca: I'm Luca. Though it's a bit late for introductions.

She takes his hand to get up. That girl is also helping her up with a careful hand pushing her back for support.

Oliver: And my name is Oliver. It's nice to put a name to your face.

Oliver and Louis shake hands, then they all start talking about this place they're going to. This is a good time to catch my breath, so I just lay on my back and reminisce about today.

More close calls than I'd like to admit in the span of a couple hours, I was beyond sloppy today and almost transitioned to suicidal at the very end for the sake of some revenants I just met. At least I can say we're even after they saved me when we met, so no strings attached anymore.

(Y/N): Now all I need are the directions to that shelter and I'll be set.

I reach inside my bag for some food, and something finally hits me. I left most of my sleeping and cooking supplies back at that apartment I was in this morning, thanks to being evicted after the floor above collapsed.

I bring out a granola bar, knowing I'll have to conserve food until I get my things back. Now I have a stop before the shelter, and on low supplies on top of that. While stuck in my thoughts, something else hits me, this time on the top of my head.

Luca: Come on (Y/N), you can't sit there all day.

This snaps me back to reality, all of them are standing to my left and Luca has her hand on my head.

(Y/N): R-right. So Louis, where's the shelter?

Louis: I'll tell you tomorrow. For now you're coming with us, (Y/N).

When the fuck did we settle on that? When did I agree to it? Also, now I look like a dick because I didn't get to introduce myself.

Oliver: You didn't really think we would let you go around alone after all that, did you?