House Call

For a while, nobody said anything. They all just sat there while staring at you, it was actually rather unnerving. A long and awkward silence passed before the lion finally spoke. You couldn't get over his size, he was nothing but pure muscle wrapped in denim jeans and a red t-shirt. "I'm sorry," He apologized as he cleared his throat, "It's just, we've never see a human before. I guess we should start by introducing ourselves. I'm Russel, I'm a regular member of the gym you ended up in last night." He stood with his arms crossed leaning up against the wall. Though he seemed intimidating, he had a relaxed aura about himself. That was hard to believe considering the fact that he looked like he could bench press a truck. His mane had four braided tassels of fur coming down over his shoulders on either side while his brown eyes regarded you in a friendly manner. You felt safe around him, not comfortable, but safe nonetheless.

The cheetah sitting in the desk chair was the next to introduce herself. She wore what you would've assumed to be yoga pants that cut off a little higher than her ankles while a white tank top covered her top half. As she stood up and approached the bedside you noticed her tail swaying around behind her. You noticed that she had brown hair which she had tied up into a ponytail with bangs framing either side of her face. Her golden feline eyes seemed to be scanning you as she made her way to you. "I'm Felicia," She said with a nod as she looked you over in what you assumed to be curiosity.

Before you could react you felt a shift in the air on the other side of your bed. Turning to the side you found the other cheetah standing over you with a small smile, "Hi there," She shakily greeted you with a small wave, "I'm Felicia's twin sister, Kara." Kara's demeanor differed greatly from her sister's as did her appearance. Her hair was cut short while the bangs in front had been left in a way that her right eye was covered leaving only one of her golden eyes in view. She wore a loose fitting blue long sleeve t-shirt that was far more... modest than her sister's tank top, which left little to the imagination in regards to her gender if their were any doubts about the before. She also wore a pair of loose fitting denim jeans. All in all, she seemed to be her sister's polar opposite in terms of style and personality.

"How are you feeling?" Russel asked.

You looked at him, initially unsure of how to respond, "I... I feel fine I guess. Just a little rundown..."

Kara then placed a paw on you're forehead, "But how are you feeling mentally?" She asked. "You've been through a lot recently. It wouldn't be all that surprising if you began to suffer a mental breakdown..."

You blinked as you stared back at Kara, "Er.... okay?"

Before you knew it Felicia had you're arm in her paws as she carefully inspected it. Running her fingers along your wrist while pressing he thumbs into your bones. "It doesn't look like you broke or fractured anything, so that's good... But you probably did do some minor muscle damage."

"Cause?" Kara asked.

"Extreme muscle fatigue," Felicia replied.

"A result of fight or flight response?"

"Most likely..."

Both cheetahs looked down at you, "How far did you run?" Felicia asked.

"Um... I'm not sure. A few miles?" You replied.

"Did you climb at all?"

"Yeah, I climbed to the top of a building to get away from the police."

"And when you dropped how did you land? Did you twist anything?"

"I'm not sure honestly, I actually fell through a skylight. I don't remember too much other than-"

"-Wait," Felicia interjected, "You fell through a skylight?!"

"What did you land on?!" Kara asked.

"I think I landed on a shelf, it's still pretty hazy-" Before you could even finish your sentence Kara began rolling up your shirt while Felicia began inspecting your torso. She didn't remove any of the bandages that Mako had put on you. But she did press her fingers against your ribs while performing what you assumed was a visual inspection of your body.

At length she sighed and nodded to her sister, who nodded back before gently rolling your shirt back down. "Thankfully it doesn't look like you broke or fractured anything there either. And judging from the lack of bloody bandages, I'd say you got lucky since it doesn't look like any of the metal rods pierced you."

"However, the mental stress of you're current situation could cause some serious issues," Kara warned. "You should take some time to rest, recover and process what's happened."

You sat quietly for a minute before looking between the two cheetah sisters, "Are you two doctors or something?"

"I'm in training to be a doctor," Felicia replied.

"I'm in class to be a psychologist," Kara stated.

"That... explains a lot," You slowly reply.

Not long after that Mako entered the room, "How is he?"

"Remarkably fortunate," Felicia sighed as she stood up, "I'm surprised after what he's been through, but nothing's broken or fractured."

"Any signs of mental trauma?" Mako asked as she turned to Alley.

"None that I can sense at the moment. But it's too soon to write it off yet..." Kara replied as she locked eyes with you as if she were peering into your very soul. Eventually she pulled back and turned to Russel, "What do you think?"

Russel scratched his chin, "I think we should be asking the human for his opinion. This discussion is about his welfare after all."

All of the eyes in the room turned to you, after an uncomfortable shift in your bed you sat up, "I feel fine. I'm a little anxious to get out of bed honestly."

"No way," Felicia replied.

You shot her a look of disbelief, "Excuse me?"

Russel and Mako were smothering a pair of matching tooth grins while Felicia explained her response, "Look, I'm glad you're feeling better. But after last night and looking at the bandages around you're torso, getting up and active is the last thing you should be doing."

"And then there's the fact that the police are hunting for you," Kara interjected, "Being outside and active isn't really an option for you at the moment, and whether you like it or not... you need to stay put and rest for now."

"You can't seriously expect me to just sit here," You argued.

"Actually we don't," Mako stated, "We watched your escape from Deluma on the news this morning. Given how bold and stubborn you appear to be, I wouldn't be surprised if you tried to leave the house the moment you're sure I'm not looking. So to make sure you stay out of trouble and safe, we'll be watching you in shifts."

You sighed indignantly, "I don't need a babysitter."

"Then think of me as good company, because I have the first shift," Felicia sternly replied.

"Besides, you need protection anyway," Russel added, "Mayor Deluma isn't going to just sit and wait for you to resurface. I'm sure that she's hunting for you as we speak. Even if you weren't hurt, you still couldn't hope to outrun or overpower an anthro police officer." You knew he was right, you barely escaped a fleet of German shepherds last night, and you nearly drowned for your trouble. The only reason you were free and alive at the moment was thanks to Mako and the others quick thinking.

"I guess your right..." You muttered.

Russel moved across the room and placed a hand on your shoulder, "I know it's a less than ideal situation, but you'll get through it. You probably won't see me for a couple of days, but I'll try to get back to check on you as soon as I can."

You nodded and gave the lion a small smile as he left.

To be continued....