Having A Heart To Heart

You sat through your checkup like usual. Felicia checked your vision while Kara took your blood pressure. You could feel Luna's eyes on you, still giving you a disapproving stare no doubt. Felicia finished checking your vision and moved on to checking your body for any new lacerations or bruises.

"What were you thinking?" Luna asked. Though she was still clearly upset with you, the edge in her voice had tapered off a considerable amount.

"I don't know," You replied with a shrug, "I just- I wanted to do something else today. I didn't feel like being poked and prodded."

Felicia stopped what she was doing to address you directly, "Whether you like it or not what we're doing is for your benefit."

"We've been doing this whole routine for weeks now and it's always the same. If I'm not on this table being examined, I'm down in the fitness center running on a treadmill or lifting weights," You grumbled.

"Your point?" Felicia asked as she crossed her arms.

"I'm sick of it!" You snapped, "And I honestly don't see how this helps me at all!"

Felicia sighed, "You trust us, right?"

"What does that have to do with any of this?"

Kara suddenly popped up in front of you, apparently having been satisfied that you were in healthy condition, "Answer the question and we'll tell you."

"Of course I trust you! You know I do!" You replied irritably.

"If that's true then you'll take our word for it when we say that what we're doing is for your own good," Luna interjected. You turned to see her leaning against a wall in the corner of the room with her arms crossed. Her face was unreadable as she stared at you with an unnerving gaze.

"That's not fair," You barked.

"You only feel that way because you know that I'm right," Luna replied.

"Because you backed me into a corner with a question that you know I'll answer in your favor," You countered.

"That's right, because I'm confident that you trust me to do what's best for you," She replied as she stood up straight and began walking towards you. "Unfortunately, I trusted you to follow the ground rules we set and you broke them."

"Cut me some slack... I feel like a prisoner here..." You muttered.

Luna paused for a moment, seeming to be deep in thought, "Maybe you're right."

Felicia and Kara snapped their heads up in surprise as they wore expressions of shock and awe. "He is?!" The asked in unison.

"I... am?" You asked in disbelief.

"I've been working nonstop to keep you safe, but I haven't once thought about how pent up you must be feeling," The wolf admitted.

"So.... Does that mean-"

A fierce glint flashed in Luna's eyes as her expression hardened, "-Oh no, we're definitely going to discuss what to do about your free time. Frankly, I don't trust you to be on your own anymore. Not after today." The mood once again became tense. An unbreakable silence hung in the air until Luna spoke once more, "But..." She continued, "I do think that we need to find you a constructive outlet."

Just then, Tanya walked in with Hunter and Annika. She gave you a knowing smirk, "I see you caught the little renegade."

"Actually," Luna sighed as she ran her hand down the side of her face, "He was brought back to us by a total stranger who could have easily kidnapped him..."