Stalling The Stall

You waited patiently as a german shepherd officer opened the gate and slide it open, "There you go!" She chirped as she beamed down at you, "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

You smiled at the officer, "Actually, could you bring me a map of the region?"

"A map?" She echoed as she gave you a perplexed look.

You nodded, "Yeah, like of the roads and cities surrounding the area."

"Well, we have some in the archives... but why on earth would you want one of those?" The officer asked.

"I was just thinking about how were I'm from isn't all that different from here. I was curious to know how similar it is as far as public transportation and geographical locations go."

"You memorized all of that from your own world?" She asked dubiously.

You shook your head and smiled, "No, not all of it. But a few land marks and public transportation routes."

"Ah, well I'm still not sure I understand why exactly you want it, but I'll go ahead and grab it for you. Back in a bit!" She said as she walked off. You didn't see her do it as you had your back turned, but as she left, the canine paused to stare at you with an unreadable expression before leaving.

"Alright, I hope your charged because we have a long night ahead of us," You muttered as you eyed the rectangular metal box that contained the armor. You carefully opened the box to find the armor laying inside in its dormant state. As you reached in to activated it, a metal crate in the corner of the room. The side of the crate read 'T rr Fr me' as you stared at the faded lettering, you realized that it was meant to say 'Terra Frame'. You moved over and ran a hand the top of the crate before making an attempt to open it, but you found it was sealed tight. You looked around the room before your eyes landed on a crowbar. "That'll work," You thought to yourself as you picked it up and shoved the flat end into the gap between the crate itself and the lid. With a bit of effort you were able to wedge the lid off. Peering into the crate you found several manuals on paper and electronic tablets. You reached in for one of the tablets before looking it over for a power button. It was easy enough to find, but you doubtful as to whether or not it would switch on given that it had been laying in that crate for an untold number of years and there was no evidence to suggest that it had been turned off to begin with. However, the device surprised you as it flickered to life. You noticed that there were only four files, each of them had a title 'Enforcer,' 'Containment,' 'Strike' and 'EXP'. You stared intently between the four files before tapping on the one that read, 'Enforcer'. The screen became white as an outline of a Terra Frame sketched itself into existence before various attachments began doing the same. Various arrows and instructions began appearing, indicating how to attach different devices and weapons and how to mount them. You quickly realized that you were looking at different equipment sets for the armor.

"I found that map you asked for!" The officer from earlier exclaimed as she strode into the room.

You nearly jumped out of your skin as you spun around to address her, "Oh! Um... thanks for that."

"No problem," She chirped as she handed you a bunch of rolled up maps. As you took the maps from her and unrolled them you found that many of them contained route information for trains, ships and trucks.

"This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you!"

The officer smiled, "Oh, it was no trouble at all! Glad I could help! If you need anything else just let me know, I'll be around," You nodded as she turned to leave.

"Some of this stuff is exactly what I need for what I'm about to do," You thought to yourself as eyed the various loadouts. You then paused in thought as you glanced over at the suit and then to the crate. You quickly foresaw a problem that there was no getting around, the equipment was heavy and you didn't have a lot of time. "I'm already limited as it is on time, and asking for help is out of the question. If they knew what I was planning they'd stop me before I even got started." After looking over the equipment, you decided that your best bet would be to swap out the smaller parts first and then work on what you could of the larger items. You only had two hours at most. You found went back to the crate and rummaged around until you found a set of tools, some were pretty standard. Others seemed to be specifically designed for the Terra Frame. You pulled all of the attachments and pieces that you wanted to attach out of the box. An arduous and laborious task to be sure. Some of it was far heavier than you imagined it would be. But all of it was moveable by hand, albeit with some effort. You read the instructions and wrestled with the tools for what seemed like days. However, you found that it was actually fairly easy to get the work done on the armor. Most of your changes were complete. However, what you didn't know was that there was a camera in the corner of the room.